Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Hermione's P.O.V.

"Come on, Malfoy. We have to hurry up or not we're going to catch up to them."

"Granger, I feel like a stalker."

I ignored him, pulling his arm harder as I sped up the street.

"So I was thinking we just follow them for a little while, and then spring ourselves upon them. Of course we're going to have to explain everything... But I'm sure they'll trust us and stay and listen to our story. If not," I paused, thinking for a second, "well they will stop and listen so we don't have to worry about that."

Malfoy snorted.

I smacked his arm yelling, "What? They will!"

"Sure, Granger, and I don't have a Dark Mark on my left arm."

I threw a scathing look over my shoulder and he glared back.

We continued up the busy street, making sure to leave a good dozen feet between my parents and us, so they won't become suspicious.

After a while, Malfoy spoke up. "We should go to their apartment, to meet them there when they come back. That way, if - " I threw him another dark look. " - Granger, I said if, if they don't want to listen, then they won't make a scene. And plus, did you really expect to tell them in the open, imagine what kind of reactions they'll have, finding out that witches and wizards actually do exist and that their own daughter is one.... It'll be better to confront them in their own apartment."

I stared at him.

He laughed, clearly uncomfortable. "Okay, fine Granger. I also want to get out of this damn heat. It's bloody hot out and we're outside."

I was pretty hot.

"Okay, Malfoy. You're right, let's go back."

Now it was his turn to stare at me. "I can't believe you agreed so easily, I had a whole speech planned out." He paused for a second, disbelievingly. " Wanna hear it, still?"

I shook my head, smirking. "Let's just go back."

We turned around and made our way back toward the apartment building.

A burst of cool air greeted us as we stepped in the apartment building.

"All we have to do is ask the man at the front desk for their room number."

Annoyance swept through me. "Got it, Malfoy. Just wait over there." I told him, pointing at the elevator.

He did as he was told.

"Good afternoon, sir. I was wondering if you had the room number for Wendell and Monica Wilkins?"

The man narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "And who's asking?"

"Their daughter, sir."

He swelled indignantly. "Mr. and Mrs. Wilkins have been living here for almost two years and I happen to know for a fact that they don't have a daughter!"

I sighed and slipped my wand out of my jeans. "Confundo!"

Immediately, the man's face slackened, a look of confusion replacing the suspicious face he had before.

I smiled a hundred-watt smile at him. "Good afternoon, sir."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I made my way back towards Malfoy who was standing there by the elevators, looking like he had better things to do.