Chapter Four

Hermione's P.O.V.

"What do you think that was all about?" I asked the others, referring to Malfoy and Madam Malkin.

We had exited the shop, new robes draped over our arms. After Malfoy had left the store, Madam Malkin quickly scolded us once more, then she got tearful of having "The Golden Trio" in her shop. As if we hadn't been there every other year buying new robes. I really despised that name the media gave us. "The Golden Trio". It made us sound like we were all holy or something. I guess it made it easier to call us that than every single time name our names, if that made sense. It was quicker, simpler, but seriously? The Golden Trio

"I don't know." Harry answered, next to me. We were all walking shoulder to shoulder, taking up the road space.

"Do you think they're, like, together?" Ron whispered from my other side. Ginny made a face.

"Ew Ron. She's like old enough to be his grandmother." I said, grimacing. A picture of them kissing popped in my mind. I really didn't enjoy my over imaginative imagination.

"Yeah, well. There's obviously something going on between them." I expected this to be from Harry since he was obsessed with Malfoy back in our Sixth Year of Hogwarts, so I was surprised that the voice was Ginny's.  I stared at her in shock. She was in a rather foul mood since Madam Malkin basically ignored her because we were with her.

"Yeah, well..." I trailed off and we didn't approach the subject anymore.

- - - - - - -

Back at the Burrow, I gathered all the new robes to put them up in the rooms. But that was only my excuse. I didn't feel like being around anyone right now. Unfortunately, it only took ten minutes, even with me folding them extra slow. I sighed and went back downstairs.

" 'ermione!" someone screamed in delight. I looked around for the voice, but when I saw Ginny feign throw up, I knew who it was.

"Fleur, how nice to see you!" I said as Fleur promptly marched over to where I was standing and kissed my cheeks. And then Bill Weasley was there giving me a hug. I patted him on the back, feeling only slightly suffocating.

"Oh 'ermione! We have great news! Come, come!" Fleur ushered me toward everyoe else was waiting anxiously for the news.

Fleur and Bill held hands and faced us. They both looked super happy and slightly scared at the same time. Oh, bloody hell. I think I knew what was coming.

They were both grinning like crazy.

"Well then, spit it out already!" Ron shouted.

Bill and Fluer shared a look, then faced us and shouted in snyc, "We're pregnant!"

"What?!" Sounds of delight and surprise broke out throughout the room.

"Congratulations!" I shouted.

We all jumped on Bill and Fleur in a group hug.

Throughout the night, we celebrated. It's not like I couldn't help be happy for them, but it still made me feel bad.

Whatever happened to my parents? Oh that's right, I thought bitterly, I made them forget all about me. That's what I get, I guess. Maybe I should find them and reverse the spell. Yeah, that's what I'll do. I was sitting on a lonely couch, in a dark corner of the the Burrow. The music was loud and everyone was happy. I stopped dancing about an hour ago and Bill and Fleur left around that time too.

"Hey, Hermione! Have some more firewhiskey." Ron shoved another glass in my hand.

Harry appeared out of no where. He didn't seem as tipsy as Ron.

"Ron, you prat, can't you see that she still has all of her drink from the last time you came 'round?" Harry scolded him, sitting on the seat next to me.

"Hey, Herms. You okay?" he asked.

Maybe I should tell them about my plans. I decided I was going to do it. But I really want to go alone. I just had to find a way to escape without them noticing. I was already planning to take Harry's Invisibility Cloak. And Ron's Deluminator.

"Yep. Just tired." My heart was thumping so loud it was a wonder they didn't hear. I was really scared. It was dark but I wanted to go through with it. And I wanted to leave tonight. So I could return earlier. I figured it'll only take a couple days at the most. And it's not like they'll miss me or anything.

When everyone finally fell asleep, I climbed down from Ginny and my room with my small beaded bag (Oh the memories.) and tip-toed down stairs. I left a note where they'll (eventually) find it. I was taking no chances of being stopped or accompanied.

Quietly, I stepped out of the Burrow and walked up the sidewalk. The house was still protected by the Fidelius Charm. Only this time, for nosy people like Rita Skeeter. She has bascially been stalking us, trying to get us to reveal the secrets of our journey, which she'll turn into a book. So now, because of her, I was going to have to walk a good couple miles, then Apparate to... to.. I had no idea where.

Might as well check in a room at the Leaky Cauldron. I grimaced. I really didn't want to sleep anywhere with bed bugs. Not that I had much options though.

I sighed, resigned, and started the trek out to the country, where the charm wouldn't prevent me from Apparating to where I wanted to go. After walking for a good hour, under the Invisibility Cloak, I felt a shimmer, as if I was walking past the boundaries of the charm. Finally, too, because my legs were hurting and I was really tired.

A moment where my lungs were squeezed out of any oxygen left later, I saw the Leaky Cauldron. I slipped out of the Invisibility Cloak.

"Missus," a squeaky voice said.

I turned, startled. It was a house elf. He looked afraid, like he was expecting me to get mad for him talking to me.

"Yes?" I asked, crouching low to meet his eyes. He looked surprised.

"Miss, do you need somewhere to stay? I bet my Master would allow you to stay."

His Master? He allows him to bring strange girls home? Oh god, what if I go and get raped?

"Do you bring home random girls to your Master often?" I asked, scared out of my mind.

The house elf looked startled. "Why no!"

"Then why would you bring me home?" I asked.

"Why, your Hermione Granger." he said as if that was a good enough explanation.

After a couple more minutes of pondering, I agreed. Mostly because I was dead tired and about to fall over. Also because the house elf was really persistent.

"By the way," I grabbed onto the house elf's small hand as he prepared to Apparate, "What's your name?"

"Jinky." And then it was dark.

-----------------------------

So there it is. The fourth chapter.

Sorry there was no Draco in it.

There will be in the next chapter, promise.

Sorry that it was short too.

So tell me if you liked it, comment and vote.

I'll try to upload soon but you know, AP exams.

So later!

:D