Chapter One

Chapter 1

Hermione's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes slowly. I didn't bother to look around because I knew Ginny wouldn't be in the bed next to me. I knew I was the last one to be awake, and frankly, I didn't care. I stayed there for a couple minutes more, then deciding there was nothing better to do ( my stomach was growling), I slowly got out of bed.

You'd think that as the days pass by, I'd get over all the grief. Grief of losing Fred, who was my favorite of the twins. Grief of losing Lupin and Tonks. Grief over my parents. Or at least the pain'll lessen. Instead, every morning, every second of the day, I felt the weight of missing them wash over me. Like whenever I saw George. George, who looked lost and afraid without his twin. George who was always here. It has been a couple of months since their deaths, but it felt like forever.

I walked into the bathroom where I washed up. As I stepped out, Ron intercepted me, putting an arm around my shoulders.

"Hey, Sleepyhead." he said, kissing me softly on the lips. I faked a smile. It was probably more like a grimace, but either Ron didn't notice or chose to ignore it. He once told me that being with me made him forget every bad thing that happened these past months. I just wish he did the same to me.

We walked into the kitchen where I saw Harry reading the Daily Prophet with baby Teddy Lupin, almost four months old. I smiled for real this time; Harry was a natural with kids. Seeing him hold Teddy so lovingly, it made my heart ache. I just knew he would be a great father to his kids.

"Hey, Harry. How's baby Teddy Lupin?" I asked him as I stepped out from Ron's arm. Harry looked up for a second and smiled.

"Great. He's just a little grumpy this morning." Harry looked back down at the newspaper. I glanced at the picture of Kingsley Shacklebolt behind his desk at the Ministry of Magic that was next to the article Harry was reading. Ron came over to me and put his arm back around me, a little possessively.

"Ron, please. I just woke up." I once again slipped under and walked over to the fridge, opening it. Harry laughed out loud. I turned to look at him and saw that he was laughing at a hurt and bewildered Ron. I smiled. "Sorry, Ron." He turned away from me. Crap, now I felt bad.

Before I could do anything, though, Harry interrupted us.

"Guys," he said, in a voice that was filled with disbelief, "We're going back to Hogwarts."

"What?!" I made a grab for the paper Harry was holding out to us.

ϟ

Draco's P.O.V.

"Master Draco, will you like some tea with the paper?" I turned to the sound of the voice belonging to the family's house elf. I sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes. As usual, I felt like I was an intruder in my own house. It was so unnaturally quiet since Narcissa and Lucius were both in Azkaban. Serves them right, I thought bitterly. How dare they abandon me? Not that I cared, though.

"Sure, Jinky. Can you bring it to the living room downstairs? I'll be right there." I smiled to the house elf. He promptly beamed.

I sighed. Might as well get up since I didn't want to go back to that nightmare I was having. I shuddered. I didn't remember any of it, just the feeling of terror.

Walking downstairs in just some flannel pajama pants, I listened to my footsteps echo in the silent house.

In the living room with my green tea, I sat on a big black leather chair and stared into the fireplace.

"Would you like me to light the flame, Master Draco?" Jinky said.

"Huh? Oh, no thanks. " I said absently. I didn't even realize it wasn't lit up.  I was too busy thinking about Lucius and Narcissa. About how they were going to spend the rest of their live in Azkaban because of them being Death Eaters. Good thing I hadn't officially been a Death Eater. I did not want to rot in a cold, dark cell in Azkaban. Damn them for making me think about them. Damn them both straight to hell. Why couldn't I been born into a normal family who didn't worship the land Voldemort stepped on?

"Is Master unhappy with the paper? Did I do something wrong?" Jinky asked. Before I could stop him, or answer,  Jinky ran to the firestick and started beating himself with it on his head. Great, just great.

"No! Stop! I'm happy. Look I'm happy with the paper!" I shouted, getting up and trying to stop him from bashing his head in. He paused and looked at me with big round eyes.

"Really?"

"Yeah, really." When I was sure he wasn't going to start up again, I slowly walked back to the chair and picked up the paper. I made a big show of reading it, rustling the papers, not really seeing the words.

Satisfied, Jinky left the room. That was when I noticed the front page. What the---?

A feeling of dread filled me.

"I'm going back to Hogwarts?" I whispered.

------------------------

So you guys, that was it. The first chapter to what I hope is a great story.

This will be my first story (Well I did start another one but got bored with it so I deleted it. But this a a Harry Potter story so I probably won't get bored.)

Sorry for any mistakes. I wanted to upload this chapter already. And I don't have a fireplace so sorry if the stick Jinky was beating himself with isn't actually called that.

Umm.. So yeah. Vote, comment, or whatever.