Chapter Five

Hermione's P.O.V.

A moment later, my feet touched the ground. I took a deep breath. There was something about Apparating with a house elf that took my breath away. Okay, okay, stupid pun. Sorry.

We were inside a very familiar living room, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Someone cleared his throat.

"What are you doing here, Mudblood?" Oh, crap.

I turned slowly to face none other than Malfoy. Malfoy wearing only pajama bottoms. My eyes involuntarily traveled over all the planes on his body. More specifically, his six pack. Oh my...god. His muscles were ones that seemed muscley but not like those really big, buff nastiness most guys have. 

I forced my eyes to move upwards. What was I doing thinking about Malfoy?

"Eh, hello." I said.

"What are you doing here?" he repeated.

"Umm.. Your hou-" I cut off. I didn't want to get Jinky in trouble. But already I said too much. Malfoy's eyes narrowed.

"It wasn't his fault!" I screamed. Malfoy looked really angry.

"JINKY!" he yelled. There was a loud pop and Jinky appeared. He looked really scared. Malfoy raised his wand and, without me thinking twice, I jumped in front of Jinky.

And landed on nothing.

I looked up at Malfoy and saw him standing over me. What I thought was his "wand" was really a pen. There was a Muggle crossword puzzle on the couch besides him. I guess I didn't notice that.

He paused, then burst out laughing.

"Did you.. did you think ...I ... I was.... going to shoot Jinky? Shoot my house elf? Really? Is that how evil you think I am?" He was howling with laughter. My face flushed red.

Nice, Hermione. Real nicccee.

Malfoy was crying from all the laughter, and he bent over and clutched his sides. Which, unfortunately (or fortunately, on how you looked at it) showed me a great view of his muscled back.

Shaking my head from these unwanted thoughts, I sat up slowly. Nothing was broken, I don't think.

"Ow." My side ached, the one that I landed on. That shut him up. Sort of.

Still chuckling to himself, he grabbed both my wrists and pulled me up. What surprised me, though, was how he didn't seem to think twice about it. He dropped his hands once I was correctly standing.

"That was funny, Mudblood." Malfoy grinned and then narrowed his eyes. "Now, what are you doing here?"

I guess I have no choice but to tell him. But exactly how much? Might as well start at the beginning. I sat down on the couch, not waiting for an invitation. Malfoy stared at me, still standing. I gestured the seat next to me. His gray eyes narrowed but he sat down.

"Uh, your house elf, Jinky, took me here." The look he gave me was all 'No shit, Sherlock'.

Before I could continue, Malfoy interrupted me. "Where's the rest of the Golden Trio? Hairy Potty and Ron Weasel?

I gritted my teeth. I hated that name. I was, of course, referring to the Golden Trio.

"Shut up. They--" I wondered what I should tell him. "They," I continued slowly, to stall for time," are both meeting me attt...in, I mean, in Australia." Might as well leave someone a clue where I'll be since I conveniently left that out of the note. Even though no one will think to ask Malfoy. I mean, why would I tell Malfoy my plans when I didn't tell my best friends?