Chapter Five- Another Year Another Birthday Disaster

One Year Later…

June 21

Happy Birthday to me!!!!!! I can’t believe I’m 15. It’s been one year since I became wolf. Everyone has learned to control their shifting, except for Seth and we can’t figure out why. Bentley has dealt with me for one year. He’s helped us train our wolf abilities. This has been one messed up year. The other wolf pack hasn’t attacked since that night a year ago.

Bentley is throwing me a party and I can’t wait.  He gave me a new room. It’s upstairs and I didn’t even know about it. It has a lot more space and a bay window that see all through the woods.  It’s absolutely amazing.  You’d have to see it to believe it.

I got to go, Bentley is hollering for me.

                                                                                          Until next time   

                                                                                  Lexie

I closed my notebook and left it on my wooden desk. I took a look around my room my room. I have gotten so much in the past year that I was thankful for every bit of it. I went down the stairs and out the door that was now label “Lexie, Wolf Girl” It made me laugh every time. Plus it was a lot closer to the main room. I went jogging down the hall into the main room running right into Alex, knocking him and myself to the floor.

“Happy Birthday Lexie. He said from underneath me.

“Thanks.”

I helped him up just as everyone else walked into the room. Taylor came over and gave me a hug.

“Happy Birthday Lexie! You’re getting old on me” she laughed tightening her grip. When she finally let go Bentley brought out a blue cake with “Happy Birthday Wolf Girl” on the top from the other room. He sat it on the table and pasted me a little box. I neatly untied the blue ribbon from the top and took off the lid. Inside the box was a gold charm bracelet with a paw print charm.

“Wow this is amazing. Thank you so much.”

He smiled at me before picking up the cake again. Seth helped me put on the bracelet before turning off the lights to reveal fifteen brightly burning candles. They lite up the room like a full moon with no clouds.

“Make a wish Lexie” Seth whispered in my ear. I leaned in close to the cake and just as I went to blow out the candles the sound of breaking glass filled the room. I knew it had to be our unwanted guess. Why today? Why now? I could hear the sound of claws hitting the floor. Ugg they really know how to bug a girl.

Seth began to shake and he shifted just as the wolves busted into the room. Bentley pulled a switchblade out of his pocket as the rest of us turned wolf. The wolves stopped a few feet away then turned and headed back down the hall. We listened to the clicking of their claws then, silence.

“Where’d they go?” thought Taylor.

“I have no idea” I thought.

Seth began to shake again and shift human. Once he was human he got up and grabbed the knife by the cake on the table. I moved closer to the door and put my ear up to it. I could hear the sound of people talking but just faintly.

“Dude, do you not know where your own room is?” i heard a boys voice.

“Hey I’m sorry I haven’t been here for a while alright. I think it’s down the hall somewhere.” I heard another boy’s voice that I guessed was Damien.