Chapter One-The Beginning of the end

My gang and I live in Prescott, Arizona, Where we used to have normal lives, with normal parents, but all that changed on my 14th birthday when things went from normal to abnormal. Werewolves to be exact. It was just another day until the wolves showed up. Alex, Cole, Taylor, Seth, and I were lounging in my back yard on another fine June day. My dad was cooking hot dogs on the BBQ while mom was setting the table. Everything seemed perfect, a little too perfect. There seemed to be a sense of danger in the air but i was going to let it ruin my day. I should have known better. As mom and dad went to retrieve the cake and ice cream from inside the house, five black and grey wolves came bashing through the trees that outline our property, knocking us all to the ground. Then a slightly larger brown wolf slowly sauntered from the woods like he was assessing the situation before coming to take the place of the wolf standing on me. The fear I felt was overpowering and by the look in the brown wolf's mismatched eyes he knew it to.

   I searched to find Seth whose face was fear-written beside me. I knew he was thinking the same thing I was......We were not going to make it to 15. The day I was born would be the day of my death. Best birthday ever. Then suddenly a sharp pain came shooting through my arm, like I had been shot. I whipped my head back to see that the wolf had taken a big chunk of flesh out of the upper part of my right arm with brutal force. I tried not to scream but I couldn't hold it in, the pain was excruciating. Blood flowed from the wound making me feel light headed. I didn't know if I could stay awake. My vision began to blur as the wolves began their howl of victory. The last thing I remembered was the wolves retreat into the woods and the screams of my mother before I blacked out.

  I awoke in a state of fear to find myself in my purple and green room. Cold sweat ran down my face as I noticed claw marks in my sheets and walls. Everything in my room was destroyed. The desk, my books, even most of my clothes. The only thing that was left in tacked was my bed. What was happening to me? I carefully climbed out of bed and headed towards the stairs that descend into the kitchen. Every wall in the house was bear. No pictures, no frames, nothing. Right by the stairs was my parents room. I slowly opened the door. 

     "Mom? Dad?"

Everything was gone. All that remain was dust. I quickly ran down the stairs and looked around. The kitchen was cleaned out. The cupboards were empty, the fridge was gone, and nothing was left. I let tears run down my face as I sank to the floor. Everything was gone. My parents, their stuff, my stuff, nothing here but me and an empty house. When my tears subsided I noticed a small slip of paper taped to one of the cupboards. I took it from its spot and opened it slowly; make sure not to rip it.  I could tell it was from my mom because her I's were dotted with circles. I began to read.

Dear Lexie

There is no possible way to explain what's happening to you, and you're too dangerous to have around, so your father and I feel that it is best that we spend some time apart until your.......problem is fixed. Don't think that we are neglectful because we still love you the same, but you could seriously hurt someone. Just remember that your father and I will always love you no matter what. <3 love Mom and Dad

I kept thinking about that last line as my tears started again. "Just remember that your father and I always love you no matter what." Well if they both loved me so much why did you leave me? I crumpled the paper and threw it across the room. I couldn't stay in this degrading house much longer. I ran back up stairs and packed what little I had left and headed out the front door, not looking back. All I knew was that I needed to get out of this place.

 I ran for what seemed like hours before my legs finally gave out from under me, forcing me to the ground. I laid there thinking about what to do now. Where would I go? I had no family left in the area and I don't know what happened to my friends. Were they ok? Just the thought of what could have happened made me sick. Tears clouded my vision once again just as the rain began to poor. The rain felt good. Like it was cleaning away all the bad thought.