Twenty Two - Pool of Blood

Chapter Twenty Two - Pool of Blood

Jessica followed Nate outside.

No one dared to talk. Not after all that happened.

“Things got crazy in there.. Huh?” Jessica looked at Nate, who was walking toward the woods behind the manor.

“Why haven't you told me?” Nate continued to walk without even looking back.

“Told you what?” Jessica said, still following him.

Nate sighed, “Don't do that...” he sounded tired “You know what I am talking about.”

“I couldn't do it.” Jess looked down “I'm sorry...”

Nate stopped and Jessica right after him. She looked up, he still was facing the woods. She moved closer to him, so that she could see his face. It was, simply blank.

“What's her name?”

“Maya.” Jessica smiled slightly.

“Maya...” Nate repeated.

“Maya Hawk.” Jess hoped that he would smile aswell, but his face didn't change “...She can be a Greebe if you want?”

"It doesn't matter. I can't see her.” Nate said, Jess' smile faded “I can't log out, and even if could, I would die.”

“But she can come he-”

“Don't you dare. You know how dangerous this place is!”

“It doesn't look that bad. If we gain the control back.”

“We have to shut this shit down. Delete it! We are playing god here Jess!” Nate turned to Jess, his eyes looking right back in to hers. “When did our lives get this complicated?”

Jess shrugged and stayed quiet. She didn't know what to say.

Nate nodded and smiled. A smile that said 'Everything is going to be okay. We will fix this.'

Jess smiled back 'I love you.' she wanted to say, but somehow she felt like saying that was not necessary. She felt like he already knew, and she hoped. She hoped that he loved her back.

“There's Derek.” Nate said, looking behind Jess “I should talk to him.”

Jessica nodded.

“You should join him while you have the chance.”

“Huh?” Derek turned around and saw that it was Nate. “Oh... Yeah, I guess. But like-”

“We don't have any advantages against him, and yet he knows everything about us. And now, this...” Nate would almost laugh if all this wasn't happening to him.

“How is Rose?” Derek asked.

“Shaken...” Nate answered.

“Of course.” Derek nodded. “I can't join him Nate. I'm pretty sure he made that offer in front of everyone for some reason. I.. I think me joining him is a part of his plan.”

“And what is his plan?”

“I don't know.”

“Exactly.” Nate sighed “We need to know his plans, and that is why you need to join him.”

“This is stupid.” Derek said, at that moment all he wanted to do was to take Leyla and walk away from all of this.

“I agree but, right now, it's the only thing we can do.”