Chapter Twenty - Reunited

Chapter Twenty – Reunited

The door creaked as Leyla opened the door. No one was outside, she popped her head outside and looked around.

All was clear. She was alone. She was still, safe.

Being without Derek made her paranoid. Every second she spent without him the questions would haunt her.

'Is he safe?' 'What is he doing right now?' 'Is he with Jane?'

The worst part for Leyla was Jane. She knew about Jane. And, how Derek had a crush on her. For years. She didn't know much about this Jane character, but she felt an endless hatred to her.

What if she liked him back? And she didn't know how Derek would react if he knew?

Jane had more to offer than she did. Mainly because she was human. She could live with him, outside the program.

'No' she thought, 'He wouldn't do that. He loves me now..'

Somehow she felt like she was lying to herself.

She closed the door and went back inside. Without Derek she didn't know what to do. She would just sit at the couch, stare outside at the lake, and wait.

So she did. She sat down and waited. So long that she didn't notice falling asleep.

She opened her eyes to a bright light directed right at her face. As she tried to move her hands to block the light, she noticed that they were died to the sides of the chair she was on. The light was so bright that her eyes couldn't adjust to it.

“He- hello?” she asked to the light, her voice was shaking with fear that was building up inside her spine each second.

No response, she could only hear a dripping noise coming from the distance.

“Hello?” She asked again, trying not to sound scared, but her voice still shook.

“NPC Number 003842104b” A robotic voice came from somewhere in the room “ Also known as 'Leyla Strickland'” the voice continued “You've been teleported to the Generator do you know why?”

“N... No.” Leyla answered.

“Our observations show that you have been having intimate relations with the player named 'Derek Reynolds' is that correct?”

“Y.. Yes. How does that end me up here?”

“Derek Reynolds is a employee of Robert Greebe. We have orders to collect every NPC that have connections to people who are connected to the Greebe family. Our boss, says you might be a threat. Is that correct 003832104b?”

“N- No... I would never-”

“NPC Number 00383089b is your brother, correct?” the robotic voice cut her out.

“Y.. Yes.” Leyla knew where this would end now. Her being deleted, or worse resetted. That meant, she would still be alive, but not remember Derek.

“He is a part of a rebel group that is against our existence, is he not?”

“He is but..-”

“When was the last time you contacted him?”

“I... I don't remember. It was long a... ago. I guess... Two months.”

“Where is he located? What are his plans?”

“I don't know.”

She heard a whisper in the distance. It was too short to understand.

“Do you know where the player named Derek Reynolds has gone outside the program?”