Chapter Nineteen - A Walk at the Park

Chapter Nineteen -  A Walk at the Park

After the latest news, Robert Greebe wasn't himself anymore. He and Nate both knew that something must have happened to Rose.

Most of their plans included Rose, and now with her gone, Robert was back making plans. He would spend ours on his desk, staring at a collection of computer screens, each showing something else.

There were nine screens, three each row. At the top left and middle, there was the security camera feeds of the house and it's surroundings. Changing from camera to camera each five seconds.

The last screen at the right was turned off.

Under it was the three dimensional floor view of the Under Century Headquarters. His father would keep checking each floors and take notes.

The screens left and middle again showed camera feeds, this time various areas around the city and the Headquarters. His father would often switch the camera to another one.

Taking notes all the time.

Bottom three screens were like one really wide computer screen, where his would check the latest news in one screen, while other would report every change the game makes. The last one would change all the time.

When his father needed to rest he watched movies or television series he watched from that one.

Generally it would be Doctor Who.

“Dad, you really should rest.” Nate said, maybe the millionth time that night.

“Yeah.. Yeah.. After this..” Robert answered, his voice weak. He continued making calculations and taking notes.

“That's what you said before.” Nate yawned, “Well, I'm going..”

“Yeah, yeah... Good night.”

Nate got under his covers and grabbed his book from the bedside cabinet. He opened the page he was at and started to read.

The book was about a family of four moving in to a big mansion after winning the lottery. As it happens the mansion, like most horror cliches, was build on an ancient Indian burial grounds. The family would find that out pretty soon, and the wife wants to move out, but kids insist on staying, and the father, he gets controlled by a ghost, which is a sex addict.

Of course this book wasn't a horror book, it was a book that made fun of horror cliches. Nate, being a big fan of books and movies that make fun of books and movies, enjoyed this book really much.

Knock.. A familiar knock came. ...knock..

'No..'

..knock. Nate's room suddenly got colder and seemed to be darker.

Knock knock knock...

The thought of Leyla would never get out of Derek's head. He would go out to get a cup of coffee, he would remember the times he had coffee with Leyla.

When it rained, he would remember the time they watched the rain together.

When he tried to clear his mind with watching something funny, he would think about how Leyla would enjoy it if she was here.

He would watch Futurama, and still remember Leyla. Mainly because the one eyed girl from there has the name Leela. That sounds like Leyla.

“I wonder what she's doing right now...” Derek sighed, and looked blankly at the kids playing tag at the park.

They would watch kids play tag with Leyla. Well, they only did it once, but it was fun.

“Who? Oh, Leyla...” Mike answered his own question.

“Well, go back in the game if you miss her so much.” Jane said coldly.

“I just might.” Derek said, irritated.

“Fine, whatever...” Jane got up and turned to Mike “You coming?”

“Where are we- Ouch!” Jane grabbed Mike by his arm and dragged him with her. “Leggo!”

Derek continued to sit at the bench for awhile and watched the kids. Until their parents collected them and they left.

He got up as well, and decided to walk around, putting on his headphones and starting the music player on his phone.

As he walked he looked around to admire the park. The colours of the sky and trees. There were some clouds, one looked like a frogs head.

While looking up, he bumped in to someone.

“Sorry..” He said looking at the person he bumped in to “Colin?”

Colin sighed “Yeah?”

“You were the one, who.. Who placed the bomb in the..- Weren't you?” Derek grabbed his arm.

“What bomb?” Colin grinned. “There was no bomb.”

Derek narrowed his eyes in anger “You went back and collected it didn't you?!”

“I don't know what you are talking about.” Colin pulled his arm free and pushed Derek away from him.

Derek stumbled backwards and fell down to the ground, when he got up Colin was already walking away.

He was on the phone with someone. When he hang up, his pace seemed to get faster.

Derek decided to follow him.

AN:

Well, this chapter seems better than the previous one.

Quicker update like said.

I was going to write one more POV and a flashback as well, but I decided to keep it for a future chapter.

I'm effing evil.

Anyway, more short but quick updates on their way.

Next chapter is also 20, so some stuff might go down.

Like always, love you all.

Iamfromwinterfell, out!