Part 8

BoJack: I don't recognize that number [answers] Hello, BoJack here!

Officer Meow Meow Fuzzyface: Officer Fuzzyface here!

BoJack: How did you get my phonenumber?

Officer: Well, when i drove you home, you gave me your number in your half-drunken state if i wanted to "party" sometime.

BoJack: Oh yeah. hehe. Well? Is that why you called me?

Officer: I'm afraid not. We found your red convertible abandoned on the bridge overlooking the drainage canal.

BoJack: Oh, i wondered where it gone missing. I'll try to pick it up right away!

Officer: That wasn't the only reason i called......Do you know a "Brent Ponyson" by any chance?

BoJack: .Wha....he...he is my cousin.....why are you asking me this?

Officer: Oh dear, i don't know how to tell you this, i was the first arriving officer at the scene......

BoJack: Scene? Where are you going with this?

Officer: Your cousin....has been found dead Mr. Horseman. We found him down in the canal. I would not like to go into further details on the phone but by the looks of it, i believe it's suicide......i am so sorry.

BoJack: ...is this a joke? Because if this is a joke, it is planned and set up by a twisted person...please tell me this is a joke!! Tell me!

Officer: I am serious. I don't know what else to tell you...

BoJack: No...NO! This isn't happening. You're lying. This can't be true!!!

Officer: We are gonna have to need you to identify the body at the morgue....whenever you can....

BoJack:.............

Officer: BoJack? Are you there?

[BoJack hangs up and stands up like he seen a ghost]

Todd: What is it BoJack? What was that about? Anything about Brent?

BoJack: [whispers]....dead....

Todd: What..

BoJack: He is dead.....he's dead! I..i..can't stay here...i must go..

Diane: No BoJack, wait!!

[BoJack runs out from the house and drives of in a haste]

Diane: Was he telling the truth? Is he really dead? We talked to him just last night.

Todd: I have never seen BoJack like this.....This is serious!

Mr. Peanutbutter: Diiiiaaaannnneeee! I punched the TV again because of the other dog...and now my hand hurts!!!!

[Meanwhile at the city morgue]

Officer: I am glad you came so quickly.

BoJack: Damn it, just show me!

[Meow Meow lifts the cover from the body. It's Brent. BoJack falls to his knees before his cold body]

BoJack: Why? Why did he do it? I don't understand. I thought we fixed it! Everything was going to be okay...Brent, everything was going to be okay!

Officer: When we went trough your car on the bridge, we found this book with a letter inside. On the cover it says: Give this to Bojack Horseman!

BoJack: What? Give me it! [Looks at the cover] "One Trick Pony"?

[BoJack opens the letter inside and reads it for himself.]

Dear Bojack.

Sorry i had to leave you like this. I never planned this far ahead and now i have no idea what to write. I am miserable. I know we talked about it all last night but, i can't go trough with this charade. These couple of days have been great, i tell you. Meeting you after all this time and i found out if i had what it takes to act. It was never about if i could get a role or not, i just wanted to find out if i ever were able to do it.

It was something you said that i kept thinking of. "You keep on running and don't look back". That is the thing BoJack. Not everyone can run away from their problems. Not everyone can forget about it in the end of a glass of whiskey. I couldn't, and i couldn't face them either, so it has to be this way. I'm sorry. I always looked up to you and i am ashamed leaving you like this. But i will be free of the pain. And i hope, that one day, you be too. That you stop running, turn around, and embrace it. Tackle your problems head on! No more running! I am writing this letter in your car. Seems like it's my time to shine now BoJack. My 15 minutes of fame is about to come up. Lights, camera and action!

Yours sincerely, Brent Ponyson.

[BoJack bursts into tears and Meow Meow gives a comforting pat on the back and leaves the room for him to mourn. ]

[1 hour pass and BoJack still sits on the floor next to Brent holding a conversation with him to pass the time. Diane knocks on the door]

Diane: BoJack. Are you inside?

BoJack: ....yea...

Diane: Is it okay if i come in? I told the others to wait outside.

BoJack: ...sure....

[Diane enters the room slowly and stop when she see BoJack in his sad and devestated state. She have seen him sad before, but never like this. She sits down next to him]

Diane: Remember when we sat on my roof and talked?

BoJack: yea...

Diane: Well, this is the first time that i felt speechless......this is just....i don't know.

BoJack: He....had his reasons i presume......i guess i'm not good with supporting people...

Diane:Oh no. Don't! Don't you sit there and blame this on you. You had no idea this would happen!

BoJack: He....talked to me last night, at the BBQ. He opened up to me. He was not as happy as i thought.....

Diane: He...wasn't?

BoJack: He lost his wife 2 months ago....and that knock on my door was a cry for help that i was to blinded to see.

Diane: But still, you couldn't foresee this.

BoJack: I think i will just drown my sorrows in the bottle and keep on running like he said. That is what i do, i run away from my problems.

Diane: Everyone handles problems differently.

BoJack: Sometimes....it feels like i'm doomed. Is this really my life? Am i just here to suffer?

Diane: BoJack...you're a good friend. Why don't you take some "you-time" and think things over? No rushing things. Think of the positive in life. About Christine, she seems nice. Don't push her away, try to make it work.

BoJack: Maybe i should let her go, or else i do the same to her like everyone else. Maybe i should be alone....

[BoJack gets up from the floor and pats Brent on the shoulder before leaving without any more to say]

Diane: ....BoJack?....

[He exits the room and Princess, Todd, PB and Christine is waiting for him. BoJack does not make eye contact with any of them, he just walk pass them and leaves the morgue. Diane exits the room and look at the others shaking her head with tears in her eyes.]

[BoJack arrives at his empty house and enters, he sighs and looks around. He climb up and enter the "Escape from L.A.". Casually going trough Brent's things, he find an old picture of him and Brent, must have been from the teens. Brent looked happy and BoJack looked slightly irritaded to be in the shot. BoJack smiles and let his tears come out. ]

BoJack: How could i be so fucking stupid?? Why? BoJack you idiot!