Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Waiting in the car for Blake, in front of his apartment building, I felt sick.  I wanted to get this done and over with as soon as possible.

I grabbed my phone and called the diner.  I needed to make sure this guy was still there so we wouldn’t waste our time.

Maddy answered the phone with our normal greeting.

"Hey Maddy, it's Amanda."

"Oh hi!"

"Is the guy still there?" I asked.

"Yeah he is but I think he’s getting impatient." She said.

Well that should be just fun, I thought to myself.

"Tell him 10 to 15 minutes and I'll be there." I told her.  I wasn't going to say anything about Blake coming with me.

"Okay, I’ll tell him.  I'll see you soon." She said.

"Yeah, bye." I said and hung up.

Blake walked out the front door and looked really good.  I'd jump him if I didn't have to do this.

He opened the passenger door and looked at me.

"You sure you don't want me to drive?" He asked still outside the car.

"I'm fine driving.  Don't worry I won't get us killed." I said smiling.

"It's just when we come back..."

"Oh my God.  You're seriously thought I'd kill us?" I asked, insulted.

"Not on purpose."

I rolled my eyes, "Listen, I give you permission to drive my car on the way back, if I can’t."

He shook his head and got in the car.

"You need a new car." He stated.

"What's wrong with this one?"

"It's over 10 years old, you basically have rust everywhere.  If your dad wasn't a mechanic it would cost you more money to fix it than a newer car because more parts need to be fixed...replaced.  I'm not saying bran spanking new, just newer." He said.

"Spanking?" Was the first word that came out of my mouth.

I heard him chuckle.  "Is that all you heard?"

"Yes." I said honestly.

He was laughing and making a face, I knew he was holding something back.

"What?  Say it...  What do they say? ...Oh, the truth shall set you free." I said smiling.

"If we were in a different circumstance, we'd be going up stairs right now.  You’d only be leaving in the morning walking a little differently."

I smiled. "That has happened multiple times."  I said laughing.

"And you made me miss it!"  He said loudly, shaking his head in disapproval.

"You look good, too good." I told him.

"So do you." He said.  I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Are you nuts?  I've been in the same clothes for over 24hours.  That's not hot, that's not sexy and that's not good." I told him.

"You could be wearing a plastic bag from Giant Tiger and you'd still be hot...sexy...and good." He said getting a little bit closer to me with a small smile on his face.