There's an Aussie vampire with a trick or two, it is called Yara-ma-yha-who

So far, this vamp takes the dubious honor of having the most complicated name in our list. However, that is not the only thing that makes it special. This creature of aboriginal folktales, looks inoffensive enough: it is a little, slightly anthropomorphic creature with a wide mouth and no teeth whatsoever. Not much of a vampire, uh?

If usually hangs around fig trees, which doesn't add points for fierceness. Nevertheless when supper time comes... The horror begins.

Having no teeth, and being sluggish in nature, the Yara is not much of a hunter. It is patient though and will wait for days on end for a victim to venture to its orchards. That is when it will attack, holding the poor fig loving human with a forceful grip and consuming their blood through suckers that cover both its upper and lower appendages. Once the victim is "knocked out" and drained, the Yara will swallow its prey whole and regurgitate them over and over until they too become Yaras. No one knows for sure what triggers the change, but each time the human victim is regurgitated, the reddish tint on their skin and the deformities that are characteristic of Yaras are mor evident. As nasty as it seems, it might have to do with gastric juices and other vampire bodily functions combined into the mix.

In this case, you are not what you eat; you'll become what eats you.

According to legend, they only attack living creatures. So, if their victims are brave enough to play dead until dusk (the Yaras are day hunters and solid night sleepers) they might live to tell the tale and go home with nothing more than a few hickeys.