I love you, but just in case... I'll find ten ways to kill you.

Tired of the old stake in the heart? Thinking of innovative ways to snuff your vampire? Look no further than these crazy practices straight out of the dark ages. Let's see if we can give the sun a rest. Some of these we might have mentioned, but let's put them together in one list...

☆Bricks. Apparently the good people of Venice had too many canals, too little walls and costruction material to spare; because the best way to get rid of a vamp in this corner of Italy was to force a brick into the suspected vampire mouth, locking the jaw.

☆ Cutting off toes was a common practice in Serbia. A Vampire with poor balance is rendered ineffective.

☆The people of Bulgaria believed in aesthetics above all. Vampires were kept in their tombs by planting roses at ther graves. It might have not worked much, but in the height of the vampire paranoia, those graveyards sure looked pretty.

☆Places like Crete were very much no-nonsense. Boiling a vampire's head in vinegar as a quick fix.

☆Slavic Countries cut off the suspected vampire's head and buried it between the corpse's legs. It must have been quite confusing and uncomfortable for the undead to open their eyes to such surprises.

☆Romanians believed in the pains of the broken hearted... so they'd split the heart in two, stuff it with fresh garlica drive a nail through it.

☆After all that bloody spectacle, let's go back to beautiful corpses... the Roma people placed hawthorn flowers in a vampire's socks. No need for violence. Those white little flowers will numb their feet and won't allow them to rise.

☆ There's been few cases of vampirism in the United States, but there was quite a vampire fever in 1892 in Rhode Island. Burning fever indeed because one of the suggested ways to keep vampires at bay was to burn the vamp, mix ashes and water and give it as an infusion to family members.

☆In Germany though, they take things with a bit of a humurous stride as they buried suspected vampires with their mouths chock-full of lemon. Just imagine biting into that as you wake up from death's grip!

☆ In Bohemia, vampires were buried at crossroads. Indecisive as where to go, they'll stay put forever.

☆ Macedonia had a handful of experts in body piercing before it was a thing, because their way to keep a vampire silent was to drive an iron nail through its belly button.

So there you have it, when garlic bores you and sunlight's scarse, when there are no stakes to pierce a heart... the ingenious will always find a way.

What is the most original
way you have used to dispatch a vampire?
We want to know...