Chapter 26 - A New Adventure Awaits Us...

• Dedicated to All our fans for their support!

"You know, you're enough for me," Jessy confessed, looking down at the ground. I was melting inside, yet wanted to burst out with anger. Maybe I was PMSing? I kept thinking.

            "You are not enough for her!" Justin counteracted, stepping into the middle of us, pointing a finger at Jessy.

            "Alright fine, but you don't have a ticket and I have, well..." Jessy dangled his car keys in front of my face after picking them up from his pocket.

            "Keys? Did you steal a car, again?" I demanded, crossing my arms at him.

            "Nope," he smirked but I raised an eyebrow at him, while Justin looked ready to burst with anger as I was. "Fine...I did, I guess," Jessy smiled his smug as a rug smile while I looked at Justin, who made such an angry face, I failed mine by a long shot.

            "But, let Justin come..." I added, and watched as the smirk fell from Jessy's face. Justin chuckled and pushed up his glasses.

            "What?! But?! Alright, fine, follow me," Jessy replied, smiling weakly. Jessy got into his own car, while Justin and I piled into his.

            "Do you like him?" Justin asked, focusing on the road, a bit too close to the windshield, as we followed Jessy's car in front of us.

            "Nope, I like my mom," I replied, leaning the seat back, getting into relaxed mode.

           "What does your mom have to do with this?" he questioned and leaned even closer to the front window, practically pressing his face into it.

            "I'm only with him to find my mom," I stroked the back of Chewie. "Do you think Chewie is a woman?" I asked, attempting to change the subject.

            "Don't change the subject, Violet...and yes, that is definitely a hen, not a rooster," Justin grinned at me, until he saw my expression, "Oh."

            I bet he could now tell how depressed and messed up I felt about the whole situation, so he shut up for a while. We soon arrived at a gas station and pulled over. Both Jessy and Justin stopped their cars, but Justin looked over at me questioningly, as if saying "Are you sure?"

            Looking at Jessy's car, I nodded and slowly got outside.

            Surprisingly, Jessy climbed out of his car and walked over to the van parked beside it.

            "Okay, well this is my van," Jessy emphasized the 'my' part, meaning it wasn't his at all, and patted the hood of the van.

            Suddenly, someone else came out of Jessy's car, with her long legs popping down and onto the pavement and her blond hair; the ignorant Katty appeared. I looked down with disappointment and shifted my neck, tensely.

            I thought he was leaving her, I thought to myself, angrily for getting my hopes up. Of course he would bring her.

            Katty smirked and looked at me smugly, knowing I was frustrated.

            "You..." she looked at me, mischievously.

            "You..." I responded, in the same way.

            "C'mon ladies, let's go," Jessy called out, acting like there was nothing wrong, and climbed into the van.

            "Ahem," Justin cleared his throat, noisily, trying to inform Jessy that he was in fact, not a female. Or a lady.

            "Yeah, yeah, I know but you are basically a she-male. Anyways! Let's go!" Jessy replied, rather rudely I must say and disappeared inside.

            That little..!

            "Wait...so are we just leaving to go to Japan, and I'm leaving everything behind? I actually have a life here...I'm not a hobo," Justin looked at Katty for the last part, making me chuckle but cough, trying to cover it up.

            "First of all, Justin; we're going to California and second; I'm not a hobo," Katty corrected him, snottily and climbed into the van after Jessy.

            "That's what she said," I mumbled, and Justin burst out laughing. We looked at each other, and then shrugged. Maybe it wasn't that funny...

            We climbed in.

            The van was huge; with two bedrooms, four beds, a bathroom, a kitchen and a living room-type-thing and one Chewie bad.

            Aw, he thought of Chewie.

            And so...this was where our second adventure began.

            But this was a new journey, with more people, more trouble, and of course, the attention stealer Chewie. This was my second chance to find what was left of my family, but maybe this was my last chance as well. Maybe we could get rid of Katty soon enough, but for now; I guess I would have just had to live with it.

            Wait a second!

            Chewie was a...girl?!

***

Okay...so this is the end of Book One!