Chapter 7 - Joanna? (PART TWO)

“Is that her?” I asked, I wanted to make sure before I completely freaked out.

               The smile on his face had never faded until now. It was replaced with a frown from all the tears and blood.

               “Of course it is,” Jessy frowned, but then smiled. But then frowned again. He didn’t know whether to be happy or sad that his ‘evil’ cousin was like this.

               “We have to help her!” I said, feeling the sensation that I was going to regret this later on.

               “Oh…yeah,” Jessy snapped back to his sad face.

               “Lady Death, everyone!” the ringmaster man introduced which followed by applause.

               To actually believe what happened next was difficult. The ringmaster held a rose in front of Joanna and she stared at it. A second later, it suddenly wilted in his hand.

               “That can’t be Joanna!” Jessy said, as we stuffed the rest of our cotton candy in our mouths, ready to see what happened next.

               Several different objects were pulled out and they all broke easily. Even one of the audience members held out one of their items. It broke just the same. No wonder the pie was walking away.

               Next a tiger appeared in the door beside us. Coming through on the leash, controlled by another man, it looked tamed but also weak and tired.

               It passed by me, glancing at me with a sad expression. I could feel it’s breath but then it was taken to the stage.

               “What the…?” Jessy stared at it confusedly. I took Jessy’s hands in mine. I was scared. I didn’t want that Joanna impostor to kill an innocent tiger.

               “Behold! A tiger that this woman can kill with one stare!” the ringmaster yelled to the crowd. Then ‘Miss Death’ looked up at the tiger.

               “NO!”

               I looked around, everyone was glaring at me and I realized that croaky voice was mine. I was standing up, out of my seat and even ‘Miss Death’ was glaring at me. I locked eyes with her and a sudden pain built in my chest as it tightened. I was barely breathing now.

               I looked away quickly and collapsed into my seat. I sucked in a deep breath and was glad to see that I could still breathe.

               “You okay?” Jessy asked, concerned. It was fuzzy though…you could barely make out the words. My vision was clouded and my head was hurting.

               “Yeah,” I lied, everything was a bundle of blur.

               Jessy nodded and turned back to the show. He left me alone as the show progressed. When it was over he helped me towards the