Ono: Shared Sanctuary

Warm up circuit. Check
Tobatto circuit. Check
Sprints. Check
Core work out and stretches. About to be checked.

With the night sky slowly cascading over the melting sunset, a peaceful ambiance settled in the park. This usually signalled that it was already past 6pm. Well at least this gives us a small window to make it back home in time for dinner.

Looking over at my training buddy Nela, I let a lazy smile spring onto my face knowing that we smashed a good workout today.

"How was Uni?", Nela huffs as we pull up for our 49th crunch.

"It was fine", I shot back as I breathe out after another crunch.

As he comes up for his last crunch, he shifts his body to sit up and face me. "So, did you take my advice and tone your McAngus down? I swear the women in this family need to chill"

At his crude words my left eye couldn't help but twitch in response and as I also came up from my last crunch, I sat up and threw him the meanest glare.

"Brave words grasshopper. But I feel that I should remind you that if it weren't for the women in this family you wouldn't be fed, clothed, sheltered or loved", I taunt him. "You're welcome"

He immediately opens his mouth to retaliate but wisely closes it after having a think about what I said. He knows it's true.

"And if you must know", I continue. "Your best buddy and I are now apparently in the same friendship circle", I rolled my eyes before I began my post-work out stretches.

"Cool", Nela gives an approving nod as joins me in stretching.

"So any more news about Leka? Police haven't told us much since he woke up" I asked.

"Yeah well what's new?", Nela snickered. "And no. Matt's not saying much only that Leka's case has been reopened for investigation now that he's awake. I'm just not allowed to be within 100 metres of him"

"Well that makes sense. Look, serious talk", I take a pause to see if he'll give me his full attention, which he does. "I get that Leka waking up might mean him finally getting what he deserves but we need to be smart about this. No getting into any unnecessary drama", I said sternly as concern begins to creep over my face.

"Alright Alight I get it", Nela raises his hands in the air. "No Drama: equals Good. Me kicking his ass: equals bad"

Having finished my stretches, I chose to ignore his last remark and began walking in the direction of our house. "I mean it. We can't afford dumb decisions", I threw back over my shoulder.

------------------

One of my favourite places that I can escape to at Uni and be completely alone is in a well hidden courtyard on top of the Law building. Well it's only hidden because it's behind a fire escape door and it seems no one was bothered to remove the sign.

This place had become my sanctuary since stumbling across during my first week by accident. The fact that no one else has been seen here, I can only assume that it's because no one knows about this place.

Hashtag: My sanctuary

I sat myself on the ground and Ieaned back against  the sandstone water fountain. I reach into my bag and pull out my MacAir laptop, before planted my apple earphones in my ears. Plugging out the world had fast become my favourite thing to do since it's been the only way to escape home drama. I used this opportunity to concentrate on more important things. I.e- my essay assignments due next week.