Prologue

"What happened?" I ask my mom, who's been crying Lord knows when.

I just got the call that Brianna attempted suicide. Overdosed pills, they say. I could not believe my sister just attempted to end her life. What happened? It was a shock yesterday that Bry decided to come over our mom's. She never than that before. It was always the other way. We had an arrangements, we get to spend summers or holidays either our moms' or dads'. And it is always out of the country. Brianna never step foot on our moms' place, neither did I with our dads'. It's like we both have this mutual understanding and personal space. 

"I-I just found her lying on your bed face down. I tried to wake her, shake her off" oh, dear. I think my mom just got truamatized. I pat her shoulders, trying to calm her down. Then a phone ring. I reach on  my mom's purse. She's still crying, still not capable to answer any phone calls. I noticed it wasn't my moms' phone, it's Bris'.

"Mom,I just have to take this." I excuse myself.

"Hello?Bri.."

"Ms. Brynes?It's Ms. Kingston, I've been trying to reach you for a couple of days now. Your not attending any of your classes for two weeks. If you don't show up by friday, I have to drop you Ms.Brynes" said the caller. "Your dad said otherwise." she continued.  Then drop the call.

WTF is that all about? What a way to have a conversation from a teacher? Now I'm curious as to why my goody goody sister Brianna never attended any of classes for a couple of weeks. It's not  her at all. I look into my mom, she'd been spacing up now. Her expression is unreadable. 

"Mom, Brianna's professor  just called." I said. And just slowly sit beside her. 

"I think, I have to go to Alabama. And try to figure out what happen to her before she came here" I'm like talking ot myself. 

"Mom?" trying to face her. 

"Mom, snapped out of it. Brianna need us right now. I need you right now. I can't do everything all for once! If you act like..." I jest, and saw my moms' tears. Oh dear. 

***

I looked into Brianna's belongings. Trying to find something worth uhmmm knowing? well, yeah. I'm looking for something that I really don't have any idea what is. Then came off a picture, on Briannas' wallet.

He had an amazing set of hazel eyes. Well, I'm not really good at describing peoples' features. But this guy's face is just so...beautiful. Yeah, not handsome but beautiful. I read the caption at the back. READ: Drake Daniels...

Wow, Drake might have been my sister's crush or something. He is indeed a drop dead gorgeous. I set the picture aside. Then came a little notebook. I get a little curious. It's not me to do this but it's really a need to scan whatever I can, to find a hint of what my dear sissy went through.

I went staight home just to murder my sisters' belongings, you know. And the little notes said it all.