Chapter 7: Duel or Die

"Firea!!"
The tall, iron-armored man released her and let her fall to her knees, where she hunched over, shaking.
Alex ran towards her but before he made it to her, he felt something dragging at his feet making him fall over.
Alex pushed himself up and looked at what brought him down, he saw a dirty looking man in ripped up clothing and a shaggy hood.
This dirty looking man must've tripped him, and to Alex's fear he saw that he had a stone sword, and there was someone else behind him dressed in similar apparel and also was wielding a stone sword.
"Savlor, Nikalo, kill the boy and then we'll leave with the girl."
The iron-armored man spoke with a rough, deep voice. He reached on his back and pulled a gold sword with a purple shine, out of a leather sheathe.
He then crossed his arms while still holding the sword,
"Get on with it."
Alex heard the grunt from one of the men, the one named Savlor, and he heard the wicked laugh of Nikalo.
Alex stood up and looked over at them.
He re-accessed the situation, two people with stone swords, and an armored one with an enchanted sword.
He had no weapon, but he wasn't about to give up.
The first man, Savlor, clumsily jumped forward, slashing his sword downward.
Alex quickly jumped to the side as Savlor brought his sword into the stone where he was just standing.
Alex quickly leaped at Savlor, wrapping his arms around his chest from behind.
Before he could make a move, Savlor purposely fell onto his back, crushing Alex.
Alex let out a groan and felt the wind get knocked out of him.
Before he knew it Nikalo grabbed his stone sword with both fists, and thrusted it blade-down at Alex's head.
Alex felt it barely slice the side of his head as he rolled to the side.
He lifted himself to a crouch, and then to a weak stand.
Savlor and Nikalo were both walking towards him with disturbing grins.
Alex looked over at Firea in the same position and noticed that her right hand started sprouting red flames.
She bolted upright and spun around, swinging her fiery fist into the armored man's face.
The man let out a yell and fell backwards, quickly catching himself.
Alex looked and saw that the two stone-sworded men were looking at what Alex assumed was their boss.
He took the chance and ran forward, putting his left hand on Nikalo's sword.
With his right hand, he swung it into Nikalo's face as hard as he could. Feeling a squirt of blood from his nose, he followed through with his punch and felt Nikalo loosen his grip on his sword.
Alex yanked the stone sword from his dirty hands, letting him fall back and he saw Savlor charging towards him, letting out a croaky battle cry.
Savlor swung diagonally downward as soon as he reached Alex.
Alex instinctively swung upwards to meet Savlor's blade in a parry.
As soon as Alex's stone blade struck Savlor's, a puff of sparks flew into his face.
Alex squinted and looked up to see that Savlor had raised his arms for another swing.
Before he could slash down again, Alex thrusted forward and drove the sword deep into Savlor's chest.
Savlor's pupils shrunk to tiny dots as he stood motionless.
He slowly slid off the end of the sword and smacked onto the ground.
Alex's heart began beating faster than he could ever remember and his chest began to hurt when he looked at the man lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood.
Alex looked at the sword's blade, watching as a large amount of blood trickled off of it.
He felt more panic build up inside him and he looked over at the others.
He saw Nikalo shaking slightly in fear, the armored man backing up, and Firea looking right back at him.
Alex tightened his grip on the stone sword's handle and lifted his arm to point it at Nikalo and his boss.
"I-I could do the same to you two."
No he couldn't.
Alex didn't even know what he was talking about himself.
Firea turned around sharply and shot a fireball from the palm of her hand at the armored man's chest.
The armored man let out a loud yell and flew onto his back, letting his gold sword fly to the side.
The sword landed with a loud,
'CLANG!'
Nikalo on the other hand went into a full out sprint, leaving his boss behind. The armored man reached over for his sword, right when his fingers touched it's handle Firea suddenly drove her foot on-top of his hand, stopping him.
Alex walked over next to Firea and looked down at the man with disgust. Firea and Alex both grabbed the man by his shoulders and lifted him up,
"If either of us ever see you again, consider yourself a goner."
Firea shoved the armored man down a small slope and Alex watched as he half ran, half stumbled down the mountain, following Nikalo's trail.