Chapter 1: A New Start

Pain. Pain all over.
"Nyeeh..."
A young boy slowly awoke from his mysterious sleep, feeling pain all over his body.
He sat upwards rubbing his eyes with hands curled into fists, then he took a look around him.
Lush green grass and blocky oak wood trees stood like peaceful statues everywhere he could see.
"W-Where... am I...?" The boy's voice came out with a croak,
"Who am I...?"
He slowly arose to a weak stand and leaned against the rough brown bark of a nearby tree. Then he took a glance at himself. He noticed that he was wearing faded blue jeans, black and white shoes, and a tattered white T-shirt. Other than that, he was only covered in a few cuts and bruises on his fair skin.
The boy slowly pushed off of the tree and started walking forward.
*  *  *
After a while of mindlessly walking, the young boy came across several moss-covered rocks jutting out of the ground followed by a small, flat, black object lying on the largest of the rocks.
He jogged over to the object and realized it was an article of clothing, a jacket. He picked it up and only upon looking at it, did he realize how cold the air around him had become. He slipped the jacket on, it felt like it was made for him. The boy looked up at the sky and noticed the light was fading to darkness and tiny white stars were beginning to appear. He put the black hood of the jacket over his head.
"I need s-somewhere to go..." He shivered and crossed his arms as he began to look for shelter.
The boy continued walking until he came across a bright light in the distance. No longer feeling the pain he had felt upon awakening, he broke into a run towards the light.
When the light was within a close distance, the boy came to a slow pace and knelt by an old oak tree.
What he saw astonished him, a girl with red hair was walking tensely through the woods, but her hands... were on fire.
As the boy went to get a closer look, he stepped on a small twig, making a loud snap.
The girl sharply turned around to face his direction, he didn't see the girl's face very well because her long red hair covered most of it.
The fire on her hands dimmed to a low flame and she darted off into the forest, taking her fiery glow with her.