Chapter 5: The Start of an Adventure

Alex, Firea, and the many villagers were all traveling through the heavily wooded forest.
Alex had no idea where they were going the whole time, but even though he just met Firea, he trusted her guidance.
After a while of hiking through the dense forest, Firea came up and looked at him for a moment before grabbing his arm and taking him away from all the other villagers.
"Hey! Where are we going?"
Firea kept leading him through bushes and trees until finally they got to a large stone mountain, and better yet, there was a beautiful waterfall going from the top of the mountain all the way down to a large pond. The part where the falls met the pond was shrouded by a thick mist, and the other half of the pond was clear and clean.
"This is the way to the kingdom we're going to."
Firea let go of Alex's arm and he walked towards the large pond while Firea kept her distance.
Alex knelt down and looked at the calm water.
He finally saw what he looked like, he was young, maybe 15, and he had short, dark-brown hair and brown eyes.
"Hey! Are we going or not?"
Firea called over to him before walking towards the mountain.
Alex got up and rushed to catch up with her, then slowed to meet her walking pace.
"Wait... Kingdom? I thought we were going to a town?"
"The villagers are going to a town, we are going to the Kingdom of Talon."
Alex was getting more confused,
"Uh, I still don't remember much but why are we going there...?"
Firea had gotten to the very bottom of the mountain, "I think there might be people who can help you there. You know, with your memory problem."
Alex looked up the massive mountain and admired the glistening waterfall. He couldn't even see the very top from this angle.
"Oh, well, thank you. Firea."
Firea took a step onto the mountain and began climbing,
"No problem"
She gestured for Alex to follow,
"Let's get climbing, we have a long ways to go."
* * *
After almost an hour of climbing up the mountain, Alex stepped on a weak rock. The rock gave away and flew down the face of the tall mountain and he fell backwards with it.
Before he could actually fall, Firea was there, holding onto his white shirt, allowing him to balance with one foot on the mountain.
As his heart was racing, Firea tugged him back where he smacked his shoulder into the wall, and he once again joined her in climbing up and along the mountain.
Alex put his hand on his head and felt the world spinning,
"Hey, can we sit down for a second?"
Without waiting for an answer he knelt down and ruffled his hair a little.
Firea sat down next to him,
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I just felt light-headed for a second, and didn't want to go tumbling down the mountain right after you just barely caught my shirt."
Alex sighed,
"Thank you by the way."
Firea nodded, "You're welcome"
Alex stood back up and offered his hand to help Firea up.
Instead, she ignored his hand and stood up herself, Alex put his hand down and joined her in once again walking,
"Hey, how high is this mountain?"
"786 blocks high"
Alex raised both his eyebrows,
"How did you know that?"
Firea jumped and pulled herself up to a 3 block high ledge,
"Well I always use this route when going to the kingdom, I count the way up sometimes to pass the time."
Alex jumped and pulled himself up the same 3 block high ledge,
"Oh, well, I guess that's something to remember"
Firea led the way on the side of a slim ledge towards the waterfall,
"I suppose it is."