Chapter 2: Boom

"Hey wait!"
The boy scrambled after the mysterious girl but he could barely see any glow at all. After awhile of running towards her direction, he could no longer see her fire, but he could in fact see something else.
She left tracks.
The boy hunched over and started following the trail made by her shoes, barely looking where he was going.
Pretty soon the trail weakened where the ground was less damp, he lost his lead.
"Argh..."
The boy leaned up against a nearby oak tree to get his mind straight.
He doesn't know who or where he is,
He has no weapon,
He has no other person,
He is lost both physically and mentally.
*  *  *
After a while of collecting his thoughts and trying to concentrate, the young boy decided he was going try walking in a straight path to look for the nearest civilization to try and learn who he was, or the fire girl that he saw earlier which could maybe help him as well.
Just as the boy started walking, he heard a slight creaking sound.
"H-hello?"
He shivered from both the cold and his nervousness of being alone in the middle of the woods at night.
"Are you the girl? From b-before...?"
This time he heard rustling nearby and the sounds of something clanking together.
"Is someone th-"
Before he could finish, an arrow whizzed by his head from behind, barely missing him.
"Woah!"
He spun around to see a bony figure about the same height as him looking right at him, a skeleton.
In one skinny hand was a bow, and the other one was setting an arrow on the string.
"Hey! Don't shoot!"
The boy broke into a sprint in the opposite direction of the skeleton, with his hood flying off his head.
He kept running and running through the branches and leaves of the forest.
After a short time of running, he looked behind him to see if the skeleton was giving chase, and to his luck, there was no sight of it.
"Oomph!"
Too busy looking behind him, the boy ran into something warm, knocking him off his feet and he could also feel that whatever he had hit, fell over too.
He shot up and looked over.
Quickly standing up was the fire girl he had seen before.
She stood straight up and looked directly at him, out-stretching her hand to defend herself if needed.
He noticed she was wearing white clothing, and red boots, and... She had ears on her hood...? Her red hair gently blew to the side with the wind and he noticed how beautiful she looked, but she also looked frightened.
"What are you doing?!"
She broke his silent stare, shouting at him.
"Uh... I-I was just-"
"You were just what?!"
Her hand slowly lit on fire, a dazzling orange flame.
"Are you one of the hunters?!"
The boy took a step back,
"What? N-no! I don't even know who I am!"
The girl looked confused and raised an eyebrow, "What do yo-"
Before she could continue, she was cut off by a loud boom in the distance.
The girl looked up and over to the side and dimmed her fire, "The village!"
The boy noticed a large red glow could be seen above the trees in the distance. Then he looked at the girl and saw that her wolf ears had angled backwards, away from the sound.
Then she started running towards the glow.