Helpers: A Much Needed Update

Okay, so I totally wasn't expecting the total number of people to volunteer to be so high; This is the only way to effectively update you all without copy and pasting the same message ???+ times and replying to comments.

There was a much bigger turnout than I expected, which is good! I just thought people would be too busy with their lives to work on this project with me. So here you go, more information for the lot of you:

I will be gone over the weekend on an outdoor trip with no internet, so this will occur within the next week.

Over this time I will be reviewing all my private messages and contacting the willing people in the comments, but please be patient. Just know your reply is coming; there is just a lot to sort through. When you receive your message, it will ask how often you are available, and if you still want to help out. Those who are still willing will be put on my big long list of names, which has no limit to the number of people.

New plan: fill out the questionnaire at the bottom as a private message to yours truly! Something about not being able to send duplicate messages on Wattpad, blah blah.

Those who are no longer available will be kindly removed from my original roughly scribbled list.

Once the list is complete, I will sort you all into a board of writers and a group of editors, depending on what you wish to contribute. The writers will be in charge of taking a simple overview and crafting in all the smaller refined details and extending/ adding to the chapter, while the editors will take the final product and check it over to ensure the entire team's best quality.

I have a simple plan on how such a large number of people can work on a single project: I will ask for your email (I ensure that your information will not be given to anyone) so that I can share google docs with you. I will let the writers lose first, and then make a copy of the final document and pass it to the editors in a separate share. If you think you can make the approach more effective, comment below!

Talk to me if you wish to add to a chapter already in the editing process, and I can add what you want if it's reasonable and will improve the story.

To the writers: if you do intend to work on this, you may write in editing mode on the document to add fresh material. If you did not write the sentence or paragraph, however, use the suggesting mode and talk it over! Please do not just go and "fix it" as you please. 

I of course will keep complete secondary copies to protect against any vandalism, which may occur from unwanted link sharing. I will try to set if up so that only an email from myself could invite new members.

I wish to create a simple website just for this series, which will have every chapter listed as they are released with a table underneath giving credit to those who worked on each section. (Perhaps together, we could even produce copies in multiple languages?)

If you are willing, some will be selected to manage the website. I will not always be available.

I would also like to select five artists to make banners or artwork for each update: words don't have to be your thing!

That's a lot to take in, right? Such a big project! If you wish to become part of this project but have not yet messaged me or commented, type "#NEW" below and I'll message you soon.

Questionnaire

Hello! Let's get started, shall we? Please answer the following questions in a reply to my private messages for a successful entry onto the project's new volunteer staff.

[1] Are you still available? If yes, please type the days I may contact you, given it will not interfere with your personal life. If no, please do not fill out the rest of this questionnaire and reply that you are no longer available. If busy, your name will be crossed off the list, but don't worry! You can re-apply anytime you'd like in the future by simply messaging me.

[2] What position would you like? (Artist/ Writer/ Editor) You can choose as many as you like and be added to each list, respectively.

[3] Please enter a frequently used email so that you can be added to shared google documents and receive personal updates on your work in particular.

[4] How many languages do you speak? What are they?

[5] Do you have a creative name for the (possible) website? Don't be shy!

[6] Are you interested in managing the website if it is to be created? 

Thanks for taking the time to read this, your time and effort is much appreciated!