(1) Breaking Apart

Pewdiepie

It had just been another peaceful day, with me making videos in my apartment. Sure, I had noticed Marzia acting different the past couple months, but I didn't think anything of it. I had just assumed she was stressed, or just wasn't feeling good... You know, minor stuff like that.

I had assumed wrong. When Marzia was getting ready to leave, I thought she was just going to work like any other day, but this felt different for some reason. There was something off, it just didn't feel the same...

Before leaving, she came over to me and turned off the computer. That just made me mad, because I was in the middle of recording a co-op with Cry. I turned angrily to Marzia, wanting an explaination.

"Hey!" I turned around to see Marzia staring me straight in the eyes with a look I had never seen before. She looked tired, upset, and completly furious. This made my anger vanish instantly, leaving fear in its place.

"M-Marzia, are you ok...?" She just stood there a moment, as if trying to come up with the right response. It was as if I could see the gears turning in her head, and I could see many emotions swirling in her eyes as her gaze lingered on me. "No, of course not..."

I saw a hidden look in her features that proved to me she was debating whether or not to yell.

"What's wrong?" She looks straight into my eyes, and I can see tears begining to form. It seemed as if she was trying to control herself, or control how she said things, how she reacted...

"Like you don't know. Oh, that's right, you don't. You won't. You haven't noticed and never will. Felix, I'm leaving. Not for work... You. I'm leaving you. I'm leaving you because I've found someone else, someone who pays more attention to me rather than a stupid computer. I know that's your job and all, but you seem to spend more time with those games than pay attention to me." By the time she finished talking, tears were rolling down my cheeks and painting over my face, which was now a ghostly shade of white. My eyes burn, it hurts...

"Y-Your leaving?! W-What have I done wrong? I-I did notice that you were acting different, but you never said anything! You never wanted to talk things through!" At this statement she flinched. I guess she didn't think about that. I used this to my advantage.

"You never said a word! It's not my fault your so sensitive and insecure! I bet that even if you had thought to talk to me, you still wouldn't of tried to! Get out of my apartment! Your not worth having around!" A fit of rage came over me, but as soon as I said the words, I knew I would regret it. That broke her, and she started to cry as she ran from the door. No, I'm so stupid! I wanted her to stay, not run away... s-she was running away from me, all because I got my pride hurt and said the wrong things...

"O-Ok, have fun with your fucking computer, because that's the closest you'll ever get to a real relationship!" She slammed the door, and the tears began to come down once more. They were heavy and wet, as if they were trying to drown me in my own sadness. I couldn't stop, the pain was to much... I don't know how long I cried, but after a while I started to calm down... not before I was soaked in my own tears, that is.

I turned my computer on, and saw that my game was still there, and that the only thing Marzia had turned off was the screen. I started to shut things down. I was now exhausted and sore even though it was still early, and I wanted to sleep.  I was closing unnecessary tabs and logging off when a closing window revealed a shocking scence. I was frozen in place by the sight presented to me.

Cry was still on Skype, staring down at his lap with his white, expressionless mask. He was twitling his thumbs, as if waiting, thinking...

"Cry?" I didn't know what to think. He had stayed on call all this entire time, overhearing everything from the argument to my sobs. He looked up at me and gave a sweet, apologetic smile, but I could see the sorrow in it. The features of his face, the ones not covered by his mask, hinted me in on how he really felt.

"Hey, friend..." He looked at me with his lifeless mask. "I'm sorry..."

I gave him a soft smile back. It wasn't his fault that Marzia had issues. Well, maybe it was me who had issues and didn't want to admit it, but... I didn't want him to take the blame. He shouldn't feel sorry for something that had happened between me and Marzia...

"Don't worry about it, Cry..." He smiled, looking happier in the early morning light. "It's not your fault. Marzia just doesn't love me, I guess..." The sorrow returned to my voice, making Cry frown. I knew him, and I knew he didn't like it when I was upset. "Pewds..." He was trying to comfort me.

"No no, it's fine. Its just that I realized... I realized that... that now I'm all alone..." I try to make it sound as if it's no big deal, but Cry sees right through it. Anyone could tell by the words themselves that I was not ok, none the less the tone I used...

"Pewds, your not alone... you got me!" He says this with so much enthusiasm I can't help but let a small laugh escape my lips. I smile a bit, but it doesn't fully push away my bad mood. "Y-Yeah, I guess you're right...."

"Of course I'm right. And guess what?" I can never stay in a bad mood when talking to Cry. He always seems to make things better, no matter how bad I was feeling before. I wonder why that is... "What?"

"I'm coming to Sweden, just for you!" I didn't have time to respond before the call ended, leaving me more than shocked and confused.