Chapter two

"Fine!" I grab a pair of black carpi leggings with my favorite Nike sweater and go change in his room. Nathaniel's room is dark with grey curtains open slightly so light could shine in. His guitar is on the other side of his room along with his desk that is full of work from college. His bed is slightly made along with the stuffed bear I gave him last Christmas. The shirt he is wearing says "Best friend forever" in my hand writing that I did with fabric paint. I smile while taking off my lace white crop top as I adjust the top of my leggings. I go to his white worn desk and see his human sexuality notebook for class. I open it up and the first prompt was about love.

Friday March 2015 LOVE

Most characterize love as in finding that one person whom you could be yourself with. Laugh and cry with, whom will do anything in their power to save their relationship. They would talk about their problems and cry on their shoulder because they feel safe there.

I never knew Nathaniel was so literate. After I close his notebook, I hear a knock following by the door opening.

"Hey Catherine. Are you- I am so sorry I thought you were done!" He bumps into the door in attempt of leaving his room, while still looking at me.

"Jesus Nathaniel!" I cover up my stomach. "Get out!" I say it in a giggle. All he does is cover his eyes and leave his room without closing his door. I quickly put my sweater and exit his room.

"Thanks for coming in on me Nathaniel." I laugh as I go to his fridge and get a water bottle. He is sitting on a stool next to his kitchen counter and I take a sit on top of the counter. He has his hands still covering his face. He smiles while shaking his head.

"You now know how I look half naked!" I laugh. "Congratulations!"

"You're - uh fit." He chuckles. "Oh and by the way, your bra is very nice." He smirks.

I cover my face with one hand then touch my chest afterwards. "Oh gosh Nathaniel!" I blush.

"Let's go eat, Mrs. fancy pants." He chuckles.

* * *

Nathaniel and I enter panera bread hungry and ready to eat. Nathaniel insist on paying that he made me stand behind him in order to get my food. I thank him in a whisper and take our drinks. We both drink water with a lemon wedge in it. We take a seat in a booth for two towards the end of the restaurant. We make small talk about Tessa and college. How he is going to have to see her in his human sexuality class. I take a drink of my water and tell him to keep his head up when he enters and exits that class. To not let her win at hurting him.

Nathaniel looks good right now. Friend to friend, he's pretty attractive. His hair is combed messy to the left side of his head, his arm muscles flex within his white tank top when he moves his arms to touch his hair. His eyes are meeting mine every other word he says because he says eye contact makes him nervous even with me. Which I will never understand, but I respect him. He plays with his straw between his plump lips which makes me laugh because he doesn't seem to realize what he is doing.

A minute later our food arrives at our table and we start eating our food immediately. I ordered a bread salad since I know I am going to pig out tonight at nat's house. Nathaniel on the other hand ordered a turkey sandwich with tomatoes and lettuce, which is strange because he doesn't like tomatoes. He looks over at my salad many times and I wonder what he is looking at. The olive. He loves olives. How could I forget that he loves olives. I hate them. I watch him for a few seconds later, curious about what his next move is. Though he doesn't say anything,I finally give in.

"Would you like my olives, Nathaniel?" I scoop one with my fork. He licks his lips and nods. "You could just pick them off my plate. I don't mind." After I gave him that one he takes advantage and picks off the olives one at a time. He does this strange thing where he would take a look at the olive, smell it and then eat it. I like to watch him because it makes me laugh. Though he doesn't do it much. I look up from watching Nathaniel and see Brandon looking at me across the restaurant.