#Bucky: A Friend (Part Two)

#Bucky X Reader

A/N: This one shot takes place after the one shot "A Friend". This is quite a fun one shot to write xd I hope you guys like it!:)

It had been a week since Bucky agreed to moving in with you. You were skeptical at first, thinking that Bucky would take his leave abruptly during the middle of the night. But you were soon assured by the overly hardworking Bucky who was constantly trying to clean up your apartment. "You don't have to do this," you flushed and said once when Bucky was vacuuming the floor while you were having a cup of tea on the sofa. The assassin ceased his brows and shook his head.

"You let me stay, Y/N. This is the least that I can do for you."

You watched as Bucky sacked some magazines into a neat pile on the coffee table, his dark hair was pulled back with a hairband that you had given him. After the first few days, you had taken Bucky to get some clothing and necessities. Bucky did look better and he seemed to be enjoying himself anyway.

Other than feeling bad about making Bucky do all the dirty work, it wasn't half bad to come home from work to Bucky cooking supper in the kitchen. Surprisingly, Bucky was actually quite good at not burning food.

One evening, after a dreadful day at the Tower, you came home with a present for Bucky. "I'm home," you sang and rushed to the kitchen, dropping your bag by the door as you pushed a paper bag towards an amused Bucky with a grin. "Look inside! I've got you a gift!"

Bucky, with his lips curving in spit of your excitement, peered inside and his face dropped. "Y/N," he started and pulled out the funny apron that you found at the mall. "What's this?"

"It's an apron," you explained, almost choking as you tried to suppress a laugh. "I don't want your clothes to get dirty when you work."

The assassin scowled and held the apron against his body. The apron had a silly tuxedo print on it. Bucky peeked down at it in dismay. You reached out and before he could protest against it, you picked up the strings and began to tie it around his waist. "I look like an idiot, Y/N," Bucky grumbled as you worked with the strings. Glancing up at him, your breath was caught in your throat as you realised how close you were with him. Blushing, your gaze fell as you furiously tried to knot the strings.

"You look fabulous, Bucky," You muttered while a smirk crept to your lips. When you were done with the strings around his waist, you picked up the other two strings. You're thinking too much, you scolded yourself mentally and helped Bucky tie the knot behind his neck.

It was a big mistake.

You were so close to Bucky that you could smell his aftershave, and a slight hint of onion. "Have you been cutting onions?" You questioned, a smile forming at your lips as you concentrated on the strings. Though Bucky was very much taller than you, which meant you had to stand on tip toe and tilted your head in order to see the back of his neck.

"It stung my eyes," Bucky remarked unpleasantly. You chuckled, amused at how childish the assassin sounded. "What's so funny about it?" Bucky narrowed his eyes and stood still as he waited for you to finish with the knot.

Shrugging, you stood back and examined the apron on Bucky. With his expression grave and dark, the apron looked ridiculous on the assassin, but you loved it. You beamed and placed your hands on your hips in satisfaction. "What's for supper then, Chef Bucky?"

Distracted, Bucky glanced behind him and a worried expression plastered across his face. "Um," he hesitated and peered at you. Intrigued, you joined him in front of the counter and stared down at a bowl of freshly cut vegetables. "I'm making something up."

"That's a lot of onions," You commented, resisting the urge to grimace from the strong scent.

Bucky seemed to panic for a moment. "I swear it's going to be good though! I've seen this show today and this guy looked like he knows what he's doing." Bucky looked so lost and guilty for a heartbeat that your chest actually ached. So you put on a bright grin and picked up a bit of veggie. You put it in your mouth and chewed.

"Let me guess, Jamie Oliver?"

"I think so," Bucky murmured and snatched a piece of paper up. He had scribbled all over it, probably notes on how to make his dishes. He was muttering to himself when you stood on your tip toe again to look over his shoulder. You attempted to read his notes but gave up once you realised he had written in Russian.

"I can't wait," you added quietly, surveying the kitchen in thoughts. You could see that Bucky had actually planned quite a lot for the meal. With his face lit up abruptly, Bucky turned and locked gaze with you.

"Really?" He had a genuine smile on his face, and you thought you were going to swoon at his feet.

You nodded, couldn't help but beam at the enthusiastic man. "Yeah, you're the chef in tuxedo here. You have got to be good." Bucky peered down at his apron. This time, he looked excited and he grinned at you.

"I'm going to start cooking now. It should be done soon," Bucky frowned slightly at his note and peered at you once more nervously. "Give me half an hour. Is that okay?"

You patted his arm assuringly and picked up another piece of veggie as you said, "Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere." Just as you were about to reach for your third piece of vegetables, Bucky took the bowl from you and moved away.

"Gotta save some for later, Y/N."

Inching towards him, you attempted to grab the bowl. "Come on, Bucky," you whined and jumped on your feet. Chuckling, Bucky placed the bowl on the counter behind him and raised an eyebrow at you.

"Go take a shower. I should be done when you're ready."Sighing, you pouted at Bucky before leaving the kitchen. You were just about to walk past the front door when Bucky called, "and pick up your bag on your way."

Rolling your eyes, you grabbed your bag and countered, "yes, Mum!"