Chapter 10

Song: Battle scars Lupe Fiasco ft. Guy Sebastian.

Caden's POV

You know that moment when your life flashes before your eyes? Yeah well, I'm pretty sure that was happening to me right now.

As soon as we saw the dragon we all went into battle mode. Within a second we all had our weapons drawn and were ready to fight.

This giant dragon came swooping down at us while breathing fire and we all dove out of the way. We quickly reassembled and got ready to fight.

"How do we know that celestial bronze will destroy it?" Jake asked and we all dove out of the way to avoid the rain if fire coming down on us.

"We don't," Nico panted when we grouped together again, "We just hope like Hades it will." Thunder boomed over head but we were all to busy to notice.

"LONDON EYE!" Amy shouted. We all knew what it meant. It was a battle formation meaning that one person would distract the monster while the others would close in on it and try to find a weak spot. The distraction would usually be the person who the monster was facing.

Unfortunately, the monster was looking at me. That meant I was on distraction duty. Can anyone say Hades? I did the first distraction I could think of.

I danced.

I don't even know what I did I just did random stuff. It worked for a while until I heard, "VATICAN CAMEO" (A/N: Sherlock, anyone?) I'm not sure who yelled it but I didn't have to think twice before ducking.

A wave of heat went over my head and I knew that whoever told us to duck had just save my life. I looked up and saw them battling the dragon.

Their weapons were just bouncing off making it angrier. I quickly scanned for a weakness and found only two, the bottom of his foot and his mouth.

Forgetting to follow the plan, I ran over to Amy, who was closest to me and she gave me a look that said, 'are you crazy?!?!' I just pointed to my mouth then to the dragon.

"His mouth?" She asked me. I nodded and then pointed to my foot as well.

"His foot?" I held up two fingers and she nodded, understanding me.

"AIM FOR IT'S MOUTH!" Amy shouted on my behalf.

"HOW?! IT'S SIXTY FEET UP!" Jake hollered back.

"THEN GO FOR IT'S FEET!" Amy yelled back. I went back to my distraction and the dragon looked at me.

Have you ever seen an angry dragon? No? Well, let me explain. Picture a cartoon, the ones you watched as a little kid, one of the characters. Now there was probably an episode of that particular show where that character got really mad, am I right? This character probably had steam coming out its ears an a red face, correct?

Well, that's how an angry dragon looks except instead of steam coming out of its ears, it had fire coming out of its nostrils.

Well I did not think this through!

The dragon took a big breath of air and I knew what was coming. I jumped out of the way just as a spew of fire hit the spot I was just in.

I drew my sword and got ready to fight. The dragon was closing in on me when he evaporated into dust. I spit out some dust that landed in my mouth and looked at where the dragon had been standing.

My mouth dropped and I started to laugh. There stood Nico covered from a pile of dust. Literally, covered. He shook his head and dust went flying everywhere.

Amy, Jake and I started laughing hard and Nico did too after glaring at us for a few moments.

"D-Dude you're c-covered!" Jake managed in between laughs.

"Oh really? When did that happen?" Nico laughed back sarcastically. I walked over to Nico after we had finished laughing and brushed some dust from his shoulder.

"Uh... Thanks," he said quietly and blushed. I smiled and shrugged.

"You guys gotta get out of here! This is our territory!" Amy playfully whined.

"Really? But we just helped you kill a dragon!" Jake whined back.

"Shoo!" Amy said. They laughed walked away like it was no big deal that they had just killed a dragon.

"Come on, lets go," Amy gestured for me to follow her and we headed off into the woods.

~~

We were sitting in a tree eating sandwiches that Amy had packed when we, well Amy, decided it was time for a girl talk.

"So, do you like Nico?" She asked me. I shrugged and turned to eat my sandwich.

"Well, I heard that Andy has a thing for you," she told me. I raised an eyebrow at that. I mean, Andy and I are friends only.

"Do you like Andy?" She asked me and I immediately shook my head no.

"So you don't like Andy but its a maybe for Nico?" She asked and I nodded.

"Well that'll all change tomorrow," she said quietly but I didn't really hear so I couldn't be sure. I shot her a questioning look and she looked away, refusing to meet my gaze.

"Just so you know, I don't actually know if Andy likes you. I just said that to see if you liked Nico. Which, by the way, you totally do," she said. I looked at her like she was crazy and she just shrugged and jumped out of the tree to continue our hunting.

We were now just walking in the woods when we heard yelling.

"Should we check it out?" Amy asked me and I nodded. We followed the noise and found Aaron in a clearing yelling Andy's name.

"Uh, dude. What are you doing?" Amy asked him, putting an emphasis on 'doing'.

"I'm looking for Andy!" He said

"You lost Andy?" Amy asked.

"No," Aaron immediately defended, "He said he was going to go scout and he never came back! Then like, ten minutes ago I started getting worried when he never came back!" Aaron said frazzled.

"Okay, okay, chill. We'll help you look. I'm sure he's fine," Amy said.

We looked over in some trees for about an hour but then Andy showed up looking smug. Then he saw me and he looked... Nervous? Why would he be nervous around me? Oh gods what if he actually does like me? That would be terrible!

"Well, uh, we should probably go," Amy said and I nodded, agreeing with her. We left after saying good bye.

After hunting for a few more hours, we decided it was time to head back to the castle because it was getting dark.

When we got to the castle, we found out that Amy and I had kicked everyone's butts at our game and they all said what we had promised to say.

After that we just relaxed in the common room and talked for a bit before going to bed.

"I can't believe she hasn't figured it out yet!" Drew whispered but I overheard.

"I know, right? It's so obvious the way he looks at her," Amy whispered back.

"He's just lucky he has us to help him plan for tomorrow," Drew said back.

Uh...what?

I waited a little while but they had changed topics now so I couldn't find out what they were talking about. So instead I closed my eyes and went to sleep.