Chapter 19

I wrote this in my Science class while watching 2012 so yeah..

BARELY EDITED (like usual).

Song: Little Black Dress by One Direction!

Book: Period 8 by Chris Crutcher

~~~~~~~~~~

Caden's PoV

I screamed as someone covered my mouth. I wasn't sure what it was covered by but it did NOT smell pleasant. At all.

I thrashed around in their grip but they were stronger than me so my efforts were useless.

I could tell that the person was a girl because they were small but man was she strong!

I kicked her in the shin and she grunted then I slammed my head back into her face. Again, she grunted, but didn't even so much as slacken her grip.

The mysterious substance covering my mouth started to make me dizzy and soon I went limp. However, I could still hear and see everything around me.

" 'bout time," the girl said and I was surprised by how soft her voice sounded even though she was angry.

I stayed limp and she picked me up around the waist, throwing me over her shoulder. I looked down the hallway and saw Nico running after us, sword at the ready.

I sent him a look but he couldn't see it from that far away and he kept running towards us. Then the worst possible thing happened.

He tripped.

He freaking tripped.

His body collided with the ground and he made a loud 'Ka-thunk', his sword flying out of his hand.The girl holding me turned around and laughed. She set (more like threw) me on the ground and I hit it pretty dang hard. She walked over to Nico and squat down, reaching into her pocket.

"Sweet Dreams, Nico DiAngelo," she told him mockingly and held the same rag that had been over my mouth to his.

Nico's eyes lolled back into his head then he fainted. The girl chuckled darkly then came back over to me. She picked me up again then started running. I knew that we were headed towards a wall.

Then a feeling that I had only felt once came over me. It felt like being squeezed through a tube. it felt like shadow traveling except it wasn't cold. Maybe there was a different type of shadow traveling?

I couldn't tell you where we appeared but it was warm and there was birds chirping. Where were we?

I risked opening my eyes again and looked around slightly. A forest? Why would we be in the middle of a forest?

Suddenly, the birds stopped chirping. I don't mean it slowly died out. I mean they just stopped. One stopped mid chirp and simply closed its beak. It started getting cold, too. Almost cold enough for me to start shivering but not quite.

The girl holding me walked forward and it got darker, like a shadow was over us. Then another weird thing happened. We started moving down. It was like an elevator but faster. Almost like the floor was moving fast enough for her feet (Because she was carrying me) to stay on the floor but it provided a weightless feeling.

When we stopped my ribs jammed painfully against her shoulder. I winced and it didn't seem to bother her. She simply walked forward as if I was merely a fly on her shoulder.

"Finally," a raspy voice said. It was the voice from my dreams. The girl... It couldn't be her, could it? "Put her in Cell 23."

"And then what, master?" the girl said.

"Then we wait," the raspy voice said.

"Yes master," the girl said then started walking again. My ribs jolted again as I got thrown on some cement.

My body started to respond and I lifted my head enough to see the girl (who was still wearing a mask) slide a bar door shut and lock it.

I let my head fall back into the ground because I was tired just from doing that. Then two faces appeared above me but I was already losing consciousness.

Nico's PoV

I watched as the girl disappeared with Caden. My body wouldn't react but I knew that I had to get up. Go after them. Get her. I don't know what they did to disappear but it sure as Hades wasn't shadow traveling.

I laid there for what felt like hours. Finally, my body started responding. At first it was just my fingers, then my hands, and them my arms.

My legs weren't fully there yet but I started using my arms to get to my sword. By the time I got there, my legs were working... sorta... but I stood up and, using my sword as a cane, I walked towards the common room.

I wanted to go after Caden and that girl but I had no clue where they went and I wasn't about to make more unplanned trips to China.

*Twenty Minutes Later*

"Any ideas?" Amy asked.

"I've been working on shadow traveling to people but its sketchy. I have to know an approximate destination," I said and put my hands on the desk we were working at.

"Too risky. We need a sure fire way to get there," Jake sighed and rubbed the place between his eyebrows.

"You got a better idea?" I growled.

"No," he muttered.

"Well your the last one who talked to her!" I spat.

"Says you! you're the last one to have seen her and you broke her heart!" he spat back and went to sit beside Amy.

Oh yeah, they're dating now, even though Amy is older than him. Apparently that's what Jake was talking to Caden about last night.

"You did what now?" Aaron asked while turning to me and raising his eyebrows.

"We sorta had a fight," I muttered and looked down at the desk.

"I would so kick your butt right now but we have other issues," he muttered.

"You don't say," I said sarcastically.

Aaron slammed his fist down on the desk, creating a crack and making everyone jump.

"Stop. Don't get like that. We all want to find her, okay?" he gave me a look and I nodded then sat down in a chair.

"Not all of us," Lindsey said in a quiet voice. Her and Lauryn had been so quiet I hadn't even noticed they were here.

"What?" Aaron asked and turned to look at her.

"Well," she started, "Look around. Who's missing?"

We all looked around and noticed the two people gone.

Drew and Andy.