Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

“There’s something I have to tell you guys,” I stammered. It was Sunday afternoon, and I had begged Kara and Ronan to meet with me at our favourite café in the shopping centre. I had to tell them about Friday before school tomorrow.

            “What is it Lacey?” Kara asked. They were both staring at me intently; curious about what was happening.

            “Yeah, you can tell us,” Ronan encouraged. His phone buzzed, so he checked the text message. When he read it, he smiled and red tinged his cheeks. It must have been from Sarah. It was good to know their relationship was going well.

            “Someone’s love struck,” I mused, changing the subject. I still wasn’t sure how to tell them about Thrill Park. Kara glared at me.

            “Stop changing the subject Lacey, we’re your friends, you can trust us.”

            “Well, it happened on Friday,” I began. Kara interrupted straight away.

            “Oh my God, you didn’t, did you?” It was my turn to glare at her. Trust Kara to jump to that conclusion.

            “No!” I protested. Ronan seemed to relax a little.

            “Well what happened then?” he asked. I sighed, dropping my shoulders.

            “Lewis-Jackson-took-me-to-thrill-park-and-him-and-Em-broke-up-because-she-thought-something-was-going-on,” I rushed, not sure if they actually caught any of that.

            “Say again Lacey?” they both said simultaneously. I took another deep breath.

            “On Friday, Lewis Jackson took me out to Thrill Park,” I started.

            “You went out with Lewis Jackson Lacey?” Kara asked, shocked to the core.

            “But Lewis is with Em?” Ronan added.

            “Nothing happened, it’s just, we were on Death Drop because I convinced Lewis it would be fun. Just as we were going over the drop,” I couldn’t continue. A tear escaped again, and I wiped it away quickly.

            “Lacey,” Kara comforted putting her arm around me. “What happened?” I took out a tissue to wipe my eyes, and then continued.

            “Well, I was frightened, and he was frightened too. So I grabbed his hand and – and Em saw us.” An awkward silence filled the table we were sat at. I took a sip of my hot chocolate, and continued my recount after gulping. “She left him, and things turned awful, she told me not to sit next to her in tutor any more.”

            “How could you do that to her Lacey?” Kara snapped. “I don’t blame her for yelling at you – you should have known better. I pet Lewis just used you to break up with her or something and you fell for it.” I couldn’t reply. More stupid tears fell down my face betraying me once again. How could Kara not understand? She was the one who was encouraging me to be with Lewis. “I can’t believe this,” she sighed, and then rose from the table, handing me some coins. “For my coffee,” were her last words before she stormed out of the café, leaving me with Ronan, who was sat staring at the wall, thinking about what I had just said.

After a few minutes of silence, I spoke again. “We didn’t do anything Ronan, it was just being friends,” I explained.

            “I believe you Lacey, I don’t think you could ever do something like that. I think Em overreacted, and I don’t know what’s got into Kara.” I looked up at him, to see he was smiling. “I’ll talk to her, she’ll come around.”

            “Thanks Ronan, you’re the best,” I said, getting up to give him a hug.

            “If it isn’t this little cow, found another guy to steal now, I wonder what Sarah would say?” I didn’t have to look up to know who was there.

            “Ever heard of friendship Em? I’m guessing not seeing as you’ve never experienced it,” I retaliated, without thinking. I wasn’t normally an argumentative person, but she was really irritating.

            “First Lewis, now Ronan, wow you really do get around.”

            “Em! For crying out loud we’re just friends,” I shouted. More and more anger was bubbling inside of me.

            “I wonder what Sarah would say about that.”

            “Just because your relationship went nowhere, doesn’t mean you have to ruin mine,” Ronan interrupted, making us both back down.

            “My relationship,” she huffed, “was only ruined, because of her.” She pointed her neatly polished finger in my face.

            “We didn’t even do anything Em – we only even held hands on that ride because we were scared!”

            “Like I’m going to fall for that one,” she spat.

            “Come on Lacey, let’s go,” Ronan muttered, tugging at my arm.

When we were far enough away, I broke down. Why was she doing this to me? I hadn’t done anything wrong – ever. Why did Kara react like she did? Monday, yet again was going to be awful.

Sooooo. What do you think? I have the rest of this story planned out from a huuuge wave of inspiration. Urrrm. Well Good Luck to anyone doing Geography GCSE tomorrow...I've got mine...eek. And I've got my prom soon - can't wait! It's weird leaving school...can't wait to start college. Maths and Further Maths here I come!! Yeaah, babbing again. Don't hate me, there is a reason for this mess Lacey is in!