Spiritual Networking - Chapter 14

Chapter 14

After their picnic lunch up on the mountain, Paul returned Millie to the coffee shop. He gave her a goodbye kiss and they made plans to get together again on Saturday. Before he left, Millie made sure that Paul was not going straight home, so she felt secure in going back to the apartment building without seeing him.

She knew she was going to have to tell him soon, although she wasn’t sure how to go about it. She also wasn’t sure what his reaction would be.

Paul promised his mother that he would come help her get some things out of the attic after his date with Millie. In reality, Susan Thomas just wanted to see how the date had gone. She loved her son and wanted what was best for him, but worried that this person he met on the Internet may not be what he wanted.

“Hey Mom,” Paul said as he came through the door.

“Hey Paul.” Susan gave her son a hug and kiss. “How was your date?”

“Wonderful. We met for coffee, but then hiked up Kennesaw Mountain and had a picnic lunch.”

“So, she is nice?”

“Yes Mama, it was better than I even imagined. It was like we have known each other forever.”

“That’s good son, really good!”

After Paul helped his mother move furniture and bring items down from the attic for the grandkids, Paul headed home. He was about halfway home when his cell phone rang. Looking at the caller ID he smiled, “Hey Syd, what’s up.”

“You were suppose to call me after your date. I have been waiting since ten.”

“My date started at ten.”

“I know.”

Chuckling to himself, he thought that this was going to be good, “So, you thought it would be so bad that it would be over as soon as it starts?”

“A girl can hope! I am just worried about you and this girl.”

“No need to worry darlin’ the date was wonderful! Millie is wonderful. We had coffee and then hiked up Kennesaw Mountain for a picnic lunch which was her idea.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, and she didn’t try to kill me on the hike like a serial stalker or anything.”

“Paul, as much as I have worried about this for you. And been afraid of you getting your heart broken. I can honestly say that I am happy for you. I am glad it worked out and she is everything you dreamed of!”

“Thanks Syd. That means a lot that not only you care, but that you are happy for me!”

“I do! And I am!”

That night when she signed in to check her Wattpad poems and reply to comments, she heard that familiar ping.

HeDied4Me-ILive4Him:

hey

MilliVanilli:

hey

HeDied4Me-ILive4Him:

i had a gr8 time 2day

MilliVanilli:

me 2

HeDied4Me-ILive4Him:

i need to talk 2 u

Millie’s heart started pounding. She was afraid this was going to happen. The first guy that she let close enough to see all of her fears, and as soon as he meets her he dumps her.