Spiritual Networking - Chapter 3

For all of your support, suggestions and being a friend that I have found on Wattpad!

***********************************************************

Chapter 3

Sunday morning Millie stretched, enjoying the warmth of her comfy bed, not wanting to get up. Wrapping her blankets around her, she felt a sense of peace. She loved staying up late and would often sleep in, preferring her night owl hours. The only thing she had on her schedule today was a late night Skype call with a company in Japan that she had been working their logo and branding.

After a quick run to the 24 hour grocery store on Saturday morning at two AM, Millie was stocked for the next month of coffee, frozen dinners and ingredients for some gourmet meals that she liked to splurge and try cooking every few days. She was a good cook, but often her schedule kept her busy and when she would finally realize she was hungry, it was too late to cook, she wanted it right then. So, she would make things like home-made chicken salad and it would be good for a few days whenever she needed it. She loved indulging on delivery and fast food at times, but she also enjoyed cooking.

Today, since she was not super busy, she wanted to do her devotional and watch a few streaming church services and make a big pot of marinara sauce that she would use this week for not only spaghetti, but also lasagna, chicken parmigiana or eggplant rollatini.

After grabbing a bowl of cereal and putting on a pot of coffee, Millie checked her email and put on Pandora to her Jesus Culture channel. Listening to the group as she cooked her sauce, she lost herself in the words and the mindless task of roasting tomatoes and garlic as she mixed ingredients.

Once the sauce was simmering she grabbed some tiramisu that was left over from her lunch with Lexi the day before and returned to her computer to watch some church services. In one window, she opened her parent’s church. The church she grew up in. Everything was very proper and ordered.

In another screen, she went to Paul’s church website. The music was more contemporary and upbeat. It was not like the hymnals she grew up singing about God, their songs sang more to God. Like a love song to God. Then she heard a familiar song, but with a different beat. Even the old things seemed new.

As she watched, she saw a beautiful blonde woman that had been leading the worship, hand a microphone over to Paul. “As the prayer team comes forward, I want to talk to you about Searching for God. This week, I did a Google search. I typed one word in the search box... ‘God’. Have you ever searched for God? Google had 967,000,000 results. YES! Almost a billion results! But, I am glad that I serve a God that I don’t have to search for. I can call on his name and He hears me. I don’t have to go to Google or any other search engine. My God is bigger than the Internet. If you have a need, I ask for you to come to one of our prayer partners and call on the name of God. He will come to you without you having to search Him out. Bring your problems to Him and leave them at His feet. I promise, it will be better than any Google search.”

As Millie watched Paul leave the stage, she noticed he walked behind those coming up for prayer and laid hands on them and prayed for them along with the prayer partners. He moved from person to person, always laying hands on their backs, bowing his head and then praying for a moment before he moved on to the next person. In that moment, Millie could describe Paul in one word... genuine!

Toggling from one screen to the next, Millie couldn’t help but notice the difference in the two services. It wasn’t like one was right and one was wrong, but they were just... different. Then she wondered what it would be like to sit in Paul’s church during the service. Maybe one day she would find out.