Spiritual Networking - Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Paul had been thinking up ways to help Millie overcome her fears. He knew baby steps was the way to go and after meeting with Pastor Davis, that was confirmed. He couldn’t throw her in over her head at his first chance, so a Braves game was out of the question. For now at least.

She had been writing poems about breaking free and getting out of her shell and comfort zone. Then one night it hit him.

HeDied4Me-ILive4Him:

do u skype?

MilliVanilli:

yeah, for business meetings and such

HeDied4Me-ILive4Him:

would u skype with me?

MilliVanilli:

lol

that sounds more like a pick up line

HeDied4Me-ILive4Him:

lol

i guess it does

but will u

MilliVanilli:

not sure

i kind of like chatting

HeDied4Me-ILive4Him:

but talking and seeing each other

might be a good step for u

MilliVanilli:

y?

HeDied4Me-ILive4Him:

in leaving ur apt

besides... it is not fair

that u have heard my voice

and i haven’t heard urs

MilliVanilli:

oh so we are back to

if i show u mine

u show me urs

lol

HeDied4Me-ILive4Him:

NOT AT ALL

just wanna talk

get to know u on a

different level

While Paul was in his rant about wanting to get to know her better, his Skype account signaled a call. Could it be? Already?

He pressed the connect button allowing the conversation to begin with a username he had never seen before.

His screen filled with Millie’s beautiful face smiling at him. The next sound that he heard was this sweet southern accent. Just enough to let the listener know that this was a true Southern Belle they were talking to. His heart almost stopped.

“Well,” the soft sweet twang began, “now that you have me here, what will you do?” Millie began batting her eyes at the camera and put her hand over her heart like the innocent Belle she was.

Yes, Paul thought, she had been trained in the art of flirting. And in his experience no one flirted quite like a Southern Belle.

Paul’s voice dropped an octave, “Well, hello there.”

Millie began to giggle and Paul believed it was the sound of an angel, “Why do guys do that?”

“Do what darlin’?” He wasn’t sure if his blush was evident on the computer screen, but he could feel it rising to his cheeks.