Chapter 14- The Wedding!

The palace gardens were decorated with ice blue flowers, and purple and gold lanterns were hung up, illuminating the darkening space with a brilliant glow.

The ceremony wasn't to begin until sundown, which took a while on Zindaki. Even though the sky was starting to darken, it would take a good two hours for the ceremony to start.

Asonia stood in the big room, Fareilah beside her, as Liz zipped up the white dress. It was absolutely beautiful, with ruffles and gems. (Look to the media.) It fit her perfectly, and made her skin look even paler than it was.

Her waist length hair was curled delicately, and she had her tiara on. Sarah, Pavel's mother was in the room as well.

When Asonia turned to see herself in the dress, they both gasped. "Oh Mary, you look beautiful." She said, hugging her. Sarah was s short woman, just a few inches shorter than Asonia. She had long, black hair flecked with grey, and the same colored eyes as Pavel.

When his family arrived, they were nervous, and all of them looked surprisingly alike. Since they only ever knew her as Mary, that was what they called her as well. And Asonia didn't have the heart to correct them.

"Thank you Miss. Chekov." She replied, as Liz made a few adjustments.

"You can me Sarah if you like. Heck, call me mom! We'll be family after tonight."

"Okay, Sarah." Asonia laughed. "I am so jittery! I feel cold, yet hot, and I'm so hungry, yet I also feel like I'm going to throw up. Is that normal?"

Both Liz and Sarah replied at the same time. "Yes."

"Trust me, I was worse than you on my wedding day. I was hurling until the music began. But that day was also the best day of my life." Sarah said, placing a warm hand on her shoulder.

"Same here. Though, my husband died a few years ago, he was the love of my life, and I actually fainted at my ceremony." Liz said, and everyone laughed. It felt good to be surrounded by family.

"I wonder how Pavel is doing?" Asonia wondered out loud, and everyone nodded.

~
(In Pavel's room)

"Come on man, quit vomiting! You still have to get into your suit!"

"Seriously Jim, you're worse than Pavel. He's the one getting married, not you." Bones said crankily, his arms crossed.

"But there's so many people! And the entire planet!" Jim coughed, wiping his face. "Why couldn't I have let Zaclyn do it?"

From across the room, Pavel spoke up. "Sir, you vwill do fine. You have done this type of thing many times."

Jim looked over at Chekov, wearing a traditional black suit. His hair was combed back, and his face freshly shaven. He didn't look nervous at all, except for his feet, tapping away at the floor.

"You're right Chekov. I can do this." Jim grabbed his suit from Spock, who had been looking on with mild amusement, and quickly changed.

~
(Two hours later!)

Asonia stood on the other side of the big doors. Her heart racing in her chest. Zaclyn stood beside her, smiling brightly. This was the day her father did not want to miss. But with him gone, it was Zaclyn's job to oversee she'll be happy.

The wooden doors opened, and the wedding song filled the air. Slowly, the two began walked down to stage area set up on the other side. It was so pretty, decorated with flowers and lanterns, and set up against the setting sun.

Asonia's eyes landed on Pavel, and she smiled even more. His suit was all black, and he had a blue flower in the coat pocket. His hair was combed back, and he stood with confidence.

That was when Pavel saw her. Her hair had been curled, and she had no makeup on her face. Which was a good thing, considering her porcelain skin was even more beautiful with the lights, and the dress.

She was so beautiful, it made him anxious. He was going to marry her. In his eyes, she was like a goddess.... And him, a commoner. How could love a person like him?

Then he thought back to the day she was kidnapped. Asonia had given herself to protect him. And it made him feel kind of bad, especially since he could see the scar she received from getting shot.

To man who shot her was never found. No one knew who he was, or where he was from. But it didn't matter now. What happened happened.

Asonia and Zaclyn stopped when they made, and Zaclyn went to stand by his seat.

Jim told everyone they could sit, and they did. "Okay..." He cleared his throat. "I've never done a Zindaki service before, so bare with me." The crowed laughed. He nervously glanced at a camera, then back at the book in his hands.

The entire planet, and even a few other planets (earth included) were watching the ceremony. "We are here to unify Empress Asonia Geay, the fiftieth empress of Zindaki. Daughter of Zar'gwei Falih and Jaiya Lynn. And lieutenant Pavel Andreevich Chekov, son of George and Sarah Chekov, in marriage."

Jim went on, discussing the traditions if both cultures, and how they were unified in the ceremony. Finally, the moment they'd been waiting for came.

Jim picked up a ceremonial goblet, filled to the brim with red wine. "By drinking from this goblet, you will be promising to love and cherish the other." He handed it to Pavel. "Pavel Chekov, do you promise with your life, to love, and care for Asonia? To stay with her no matter what?"

"I do." He said, then he took a sip of the wine. Jim took the goblet and handed it to Asonia.

"Asonia Geay, do you promise with your life, to and care for Pavel? To stay with him no matter what?"

"I do." Asonia said, taking a sip of the strong tasting wine.

The crowd began clapping, and Pavel leaned forward and kissed her. She kissed back, and there was a few catcalls from his family, and they separated. Cheeks red.

The celebration lasted for hours, and many people had to be sent away by the servants when it ended.

Pavel stood on the balcony of the room they'd been given. Asonia walked out with him, the cool wind ruffling her hair.

"It's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." Pavel said, taking her in his arms, and spinning around. Both of them laughed, then went into the room.

Happy to finally be together.

A/n
I guess you can imagine what they did after that..... ^÷^

So yeah. One chapter left.... Yay! :(

~Clieo