Chapter 3

We arrived at the creek moments later and it was sweet. There were little bits of white water when you could see tiny fish leaping through. It wasn't mucky around the water which was wonderful because that meant we could sit right on the river. I supposed that the river would be more beautiful and a better hang out spot if it were summer instead of winter but it was still nice. I could imagine grabbing a book and reading on the lake enjoying the weather in a Thoreau-kind-of-way.

    "You know what would be cute? If we built a little cabin out here and baked homemade bread and drank iced tea and slept under the stars during the summer." I said wistfully, playing with aa twig between my fingers.

     "Yeah, and then we could have sex against a tree. HOT."

     I almost pushed him in the stupid stream.

    Boys. I'm telling you.

    I gave him a look.

   "I'm kidding. God, Hayley, you know that. I'm not trying to get splinters where no one wants splinters."

   "You are such an idiot." Why did I love him again? Please, someone remind me.

   "But I'm your idiot." He grinned. Oh, yeah. That's why.

   I rolled my eyes but found myself smiling despite myself. 

    "Hey, so Lacy told me about this concert that's supposed to be happening tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to go? It's just some band that started up a couple of years ago. Apparently at the bar they're playing at they don't card very seriously and I know you don't have a fake so it could be fun." 

     Although going out and drinking and listening to music and hanging out with friends did sound fun and usually was, I kind of just wanted to spend some alone time with him. I didn't know how to tell him that though without sounding like a party-pooper and needy.

    "That sounds like a lot of fun!" False enthusiasm laced my voice. "But babe, it's my third night here. Don't you want to try to spend it alone? I mean, without Alec there? You know, to be alone. As in alone."

     "Oh fuck, trust me. I'd love to be alone with you. But I kind of already promised Lacy that I'd go tonight. Maybe we can just go for an hour or two and then we can come back and be....alone."

      Oh. Well excuse me. I didn't realize he had promised Lacy that he was going to go. I forgot his promises to her were more important than having an entire night with me alone. 

     "Yeah, sure. That sounds great, babe. Can't wait." I said, a tight smile adorning my lips. 

     Just fucking great. 

***********************************************************************************************************************

ayyyyyy long time no see though. and what a short, crappy chapter. haha this is why i stopped writing lol

but yes, i am just at home and having nothing to do so i decided i would try my hand at writing again. i'm waiting for the boyf to get off work but he doesn't get off till 2 am so i will be waiting for a while. but i thought this might help pass the time! i honestly wish i could just speak into my computer and have it type all the words with correct grammar and punctuation and that way i wouldn't have to type anything lol

anyway i hope y'all are having a dope ass 2015 and are doing the things you want to.

Do you have any good resolutions? Mine are to stop being to self-centered and to try to look more from other peoples pov in arguments and shit. also to be healthier, but that's my resolution every year and it never actually happens haha so... yeah.

hope you guys are all well!