seventeen

I woke up to my phone buzzing outrageously next to me. I opened my eye and grabbed it, sliding to the left to answer. "Hello?" I ask.

"Maya what do you want from Starbucks?" It was Olivia. "Uh, tall iced black tea please." I rolled over. "Ill be back soon, get ready because were going to the mall when I get back." She said. "Alright see you soon." I ended the call and got up. I made my bed and walked to the bathroom while my phone buzzed once again.

I checked it to see Johnson texted me and so did Nate.

Johnson : "Hey Maya, just checking how you are. Text me when your not busy. xo"

I smiled and replied.

Maya : "Hey Jack! I miss you already lol."

Johnson : "What are you doing today?"

Maya : "Me and Liv are planning to go shopping. What about you?"

Johnson : "I think me and Jack are going to the gym or something, have fun shopping."

Maya : "Have fun, ill text you later."

Then I went to Nates while I brushed my teeth.

Nate : "Hey. Miss you, text me."

Maya : "Hey Nate!!"

Nate : "Whats up?"

Maya : "Nothing right now, whats up?"

Nate : "I was hoping we can go to lunch one day during MagCon?"

Maya : "Yeah of course. I have to get dressed ill text you later. Bye!"

Nate : "Okay, bye."

I put my phone down and then put my hair in a braid and then walked to my closet. I picked out a black halter tank and a black skater skirt with white Converse.

I then applied concealer, powder, bronzer, mascara and filled in my brows before I walked downstairs to the living room and sat on the couch, maybe Livs right.. we should get a dog. My thoughts were interupted when there was a knock. I walked over and opened to see Olivia, "Are you ready?" She asked. I nodded. She handed me my drink and we left.

We left our apartment complex and she decided to drive so I got in on the passenger side and we drove to the local mall while we blasted music ranging from Fetty Wap, to Fall out Boy, to Drake, to Kanye West.

When we arrived we first went to Pacsun because they addrd the Brandy Melville part of the store. We walked in and I looked at the crop tops while Liv tried on shorts. She came out laughing, "These?" She was wearing red shorts.

I shook my head giggling, "No." She went back in and changed into a dark grey pair. "Hell yes." I nodded. She went back in and I tried on glasses, we both turned around and laughed.

We finished playing and walked to the Forever 21. We walked in and both just looked around, I found a few baseball tees and she found a cute sweater thing that said, 'fabulous' and we payed for our few things before leaving.

"So how are you feeling?" She asked. "Confused. I dont know why Jack would yell at me like that. I though he was different." I shrugged. "Im sorry Maya. Everything will turn out okay." She said. "I hope. Its so hard trying to pick between two people." I looked away. "I shouldnt even have to choose." I whispered.

She said, "Its alright Maya. Dont worry about it." And we walked over to Lush. We made our way to the bath bombs and I picked out a few. Liv decided to try their shampoo and lip scrubs. We paid and walked out, once we were satisfied shopping.

We walked to the car and got in. We drove to the other part of town to a pet store. Liv parked the car and as we walked in I said, "Why are we here?" Which she ignored me.

Olivia walked over to the puppy's and we stood there for a moment looking at them. A person came over and said, "Hello, can I help you young ladies today?" I looked over as Liv said "Yes. were looking to adopt."

I grinned and she replied, "Are you of 18 years of age?" Without saying a thing back because we both knew we were only 17 she said, " Can I speak with David?" She smiled. "Sure thing." and walked away.

A teen came walking out moments later and him and Olivia hugged, "Hey guys, what can I do for you?" Liv smirked. "Well me and my friend are looking to adopt but were not 18. Can you hook us up?" He looked around and said, "Follow me."

Olivia looked over and smirked at me while we walked to the back. "Heres all the adoption dogs right now." We looked around. There were a few left. There was a white fluffy one barking, a light brown one shaking, a black one playing with a ball, a white and dark brown one sleeping and a small golden retriever eating a bone.

"Oh my theyre so cute." I smiled. "I like the golden retriever." She said. "I do too but look at the black one!" David then said, "The black one is the last of its kind and the golden one has a few other brothers at the other pet adoption center." I nodded.

"Are they boys or girls?" Liv asked. "The gold one is a girl the black is a boy." Liv said, "We should get the girl because boys hump everything." David laughed, "True." I laughed and nodded.

"We will take the golden retriever." David grinned. "Follow me." We followed him into a room and both signed out names. We picked out a purple leash and David took her out for us. We paid for her, her dog food, a food bowl, and a small dog bed.

We left with our dog and I held it as Liv said "Put it on your lap on the way home." I nodded. "I cant believe we have a dog!" She smiled. We drove off with her in my arms. "What should we name her?" Liv asked.

I looked up cute girl dog names an said some. "We can do Diva, Macy, Bubbles, Carmen, Dakota, Tobin, Brianna, or like Ariel is what I found." I shrugged. "I like Dakota." She said. "Yeah, me too." I laughed. "So Dakota. Cute." She said and we pulled up to the apartment.

We brought Dakota up and we walked into the apartment. I set down her bed and she got right in and me and Liv set up her bowl in the kitchen with some stuffed animals to chew on. I wlaked upstairs and put my bags on my bed and changed into a MagCon tee and a pair of black shorts and unpacked my clothes before Liv called her mom.

"Hey mom. Yeah, were good. Well me and Liv got a god today actually like 30 minutes ago and tomorrow we have a flight to New York at 10. Yeah I know, can you dog sit her? Dakota. No mom its Dakota. Okay thanks, alright see you then. Yeah at 10. Alright goodnight love you." She hung up. "So she can?" Liv nodded. "She said she can drive over at like 8." I nodded.

She left and I turned on my TV while I heard Dakota walk upstairs. "Dakota!" I smiled as she walked into my room and jumped on my bed. "Hi baby!" I hugged her. She laid in my lap as I turned on Teen Mom and Olivia said goodnight to me.

"Night Maya. Goodnight Dakota!" She rubbed Dakotas belly and threw up a peace sign before leaving my room. I watched TV with Dakota before she fell asleep in my lap.