Chapter 6

BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!!

"Come on!" I groaned as I slapped the snooze button. I really hate the sound of that stupid alarm clock, it's just so annoying! I dragged myself from my bed with my eyes half opened. I went to the bathroom, did my business and brushed my teeth. I splashed some cold water from the running facet to my face. Ahhh, it feels so good. I was finally awake and I got dressed and went downstairs.

"Morning," I said to my mom sitting down on a chair waiting for my mom to make breakfast.

"Good morning," Mom replied happily while she flipped the pancakes she was making. Yay! Pancakes, yum!

"Where's Dad?"

"Upstairs. He still got jet lag."

"I'm so glad he's home. I haven't seen him for 6 months!"

"I know you miss him but he has to make money to support us."

"I know. It's just I hate his job. I can't see him for a long time and it's tiring," I replied standing up.

"His job as a business man is what keeps the roof over your head and food in your stomach," my mom noted. I hate it when she's right.

"Let's not argue about this now. It's too early to talking about this. You're right anyways," I said picking up my schoolbag, walking towards the door. "Bye Mom, see you and Dad later!"

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Come on, come on, come on!!" I said to myself as I tried for the 100th time to open my lock.

"Hey there," someone next to me said happily.

"Can't you see I'm doing something?" I replied without looking at h- him or her. Can't tell, too focused.

"Can I help?"

"And risk you getting into my locker when I'm not here? No way."

"Are you su-," that somebody started.

"Yes! Got it!" I exclaimed ripping my lock out of the locker door. "Yay!"

"Looks like you got it."

"No... Really?" I asked sarcastically turning to face the person that was talking to me for the past two minutes. It was one of the male species (NO OFFENSE TO THE MALES WHO ARE READING THIS). The guy has really dark brown hair that looks almost like black and green eyes. Oh and he has black glasses that make him not nerdy, but hot? "And you are?"

"Todd. What's your name?" he answered pushing his glasses up.

"Jennifer. Nice meeting you," I replied trying to walk past him to get to class.

"Not so fast," Todd said blocking my way by putting his arm out.

"Really? Are you serious?" I asked eyeing his arm. Why is he even talking to me first of all?

"Yeah."

"What do you want?"

"Hi!" Todd said grinning at me and removed his arm from blocking my way.

"Wow...," I replied and just walked away not turning my back once.