Chapter 5

I opened the front door of my house and shouted out, "I'M HOME!!"

"Hello, honey!" my mom replied from the kitchen. Why is she always in the kitchen? I walked to where she was with my backpack still on my shoulder.

"Hey mo- DAD!!" I screamed out loud happily. I ran to my dad hugging him tightly.

"Well, it's good to see you too," my dad said pulling me away from him after the long hug.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming home?" I asked him unable to stop smiling.

"To tell you the truth, I didn't know until yesterday, at 2 A.M."

"At least you're back home. I'm going to do my homework," I said running up the stairs to my room.

I did all my homework in 30 minutes, which was record time for me. I ran downstairs wanting to talk to my dad.

"DAD!! I'M DONE!!!" I shouted running towards him again.

"Let's talk. I haven't seen you for so long, I need to know what's going on in your life right now," Dad replied facing me.

"Uhhhh, ok. I just started River Heights High School this year  for two moths now since it's November, as a freshman. The school was named after this city and it was bui-," I tried to continue but my dad's hand suddenly covered my mouth preventing me from talking. Meanie.

"Ok, ok! I don't need a history lesson! I want to know about you. What do you like and stuff like that. Got it?" he said his hand still on my mouth.

I took his hand away before saying, "Fine."

"You may continue."

"So I'm just going to start with the obvious. I have brown hair up to my shoulders. And hazel eyes. School is ok for me this year. Done," I said finishing off by looking at Dad until he spoke.

"That wasn't the obvious. That was everything you said!" Dad laughed. "And you never answered my questions."

"I didn't know how to respond..."

"It's fine. At least now I know what you look like."

"DINNER!!" Mom shouted from the kitchen. Our dining table was inside the kitchen and the kitchen is really big.

"COMING!!" I shouted back. I got up from the couch, where I was sitting, and just followed the smells of my mother's cooking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So sorry that I didn't upload in a while!! I promise I'll upload more in the future (I hope...) :D Oh and I'll explain about Jennifer's dad in the next chapter.