Blind

I could not see a thing.

Was I blind? 

My eyes burned like the sharp sudden pain of a paper cut except it kept constant. Excruciating pain. My eyes fluttered, I moved my hands up slowly, bought them down and tentatively back up again. Maybe, maybe this was just a hallucination or a dream for I lived safely and carefully. Harm would not target me. 

Right? Right? Right?! My fingers climbed onto my cheeks. My eyes had to be alright. They just had to. My fingers reached my eyes, a crusty metallic scented film was what I found. Blood. B-b-blood. Blood. I shrieked, my sight was gone. Without, I was nothing. No one. I will not live like this, I cannot. My eyes fluttered, a salt water poison trailed down my eyes to the rest of my face. 

Rubbing salt in a wound, ha ha. A piercing sound that contained of only chaos and pure agony. A shriek. My shriek. I ran, smashing everywhere. Walls. Bars? Why was I here? Here...here must be where I was sent in dishonor and disgrace. I dropped to my knees, the thud rebounds throughout the place and swarms back to ring in my eyes. 

I crawled around in circles, feeling grime and dust under my fingers but no weapon. I needed a weapon, any weapon. Death could be my salvation. There was no point of existing if I was not alive, if I could not live. 

Cold metal met my hands, I curled my fingers over it. It too like my eyes had a crusty metallic scented film over it. I did not care. I slashed. My crimson essence dribbled from the open wounds of my wrists...

My salvation was here.

...

In the morning, the corpse of a mental asylum patient, Katrina Von Var was found with her wrists and eyes slashed. Police have determined that she herself had caused the wounds however reasons and/or motives are yet to be found. 

She still could not see a thing, Katrina Von Var.

Sweet dreams.