Red

Beautiful. Something she could be, she would have been, were it not for the red. Tendrils of fire. Brown eyes which bordered on nightmarish red. Bloody chapped lips. A thick layer of human blood and the crushed pigments of roses meant to symbolize love. White teeth stained with red, cutting through dreams and sanity. 

Diamond white skin with striking red veins. She smirks as she steps away from a corpse, a skeleton. Clumps of flesh and fat cling to the bones, a fly’s banquet. The woman licks her lips and leans toward the dead. Her finger reaches out slowly as a seduction twists her face into a horrifyingly alluring mask. 

It presses into one of the eyeballs, splatters of blood leap onto the pristine white walls. A thick sound like the one, one hears when walking through a marsh, is heard as the woman pulls her hand away from it and a inhuman lust glimmers in her eye as she stares at what was once part of an eye. Her raspberry pink tongue darts out once as she becomes more of a monstrosity and licks slowly away the white goo from her finger. 

Satisfied, she walks away, despite gore and human remains on what was once a wondrous red ball gown, commands elegance. But she’s not the only one who’s red. Stripped of innocence and sanity as she was, the remaining husk of the world was plunged into chaos. 

Tornadoes were tinged with flesh and blood, forever twirling like ballerinas of a nightmare. Specks of maroon powder clutter up on the dry hard earth. Long gone and long forgotten is the baby blue of the sky as now, shades of red stick to the sky like watercolors to paper. 

The metal of armor is ruined with the reek of rust, blood and death. And war. Armor of soldiers. Long gone. Long forgotten. All are dead even those who are alive. Ravens caw, determined to stay the same yet they too are unhinged. 

Ugly. Ugly. Ugly. Dark. Dark. Dark. Grey. White. Light as pure and as white as an angel’s halo floods the place, eradicating it like an eraser. The sounds bubble away, shoved away from one’s thoughts as heaven’s song wakes up good and vibrates from every cell of the universe. The pungent smell is replaced with sweet fragrances, which could never be trapped in a bottle of perfume.

Eyes wide open. Heart palpitating. Panting. Every human has waken but the nightmare thrives on their fear as they realize it was not a figment of imagination, it is them, it is their dark side, it is who they will become…who they are. 

Red eyes. Red lips. Red hair. Red sky. Red earth. Red everything. Red. Red. Red. Forever. Forever. Forever.

~