The Big News

Brenda's POV

My mom is coming to see me!

Is the thought that has been in my head since Nadia told me she was coming yesterday.

Victor's mom is coming tomorrow but right know my mom is more important.

I just can't weight to see her. She told me over the phone that she has a surprise for me.

I wonder what it might be.

One hour has passed and I finally see her car entering the drive way.

When she steps out I notice something...but I can't put my finger on it.

"Mami!" I said running out of the house to her

"Hi mija I missed you so much"she said hugging me tight

"I missed you too..so how's Robert"I asked

Robert is my moms boyfriend. He's human and doesn't know about us,only my mom. Some times I wonder if she will tell him just take him out of the shadows.

"He's fine hunny. So how's school?"

Of course she would ask that, I was surprised that she didn't ask that first.

"I'm doing good, I like it hear its better than Seattle"

When ever we move our parents come with us but they have to get a house out of the town we stay in. For them to be safe but close enough to visit us.

"Really? That's good as long as you are safe and happy I'm happy"

"Okay let's go inside"

"Hello Fatima..how are you?"Nadia asked

"I'm good and you"

"I'm good too..would you like some coffee?"

"No,no thank you"

I looked at my mom confused. Every time someone would offer her something to drink she would always say yes. She would say 'Its rood to say no'. Sometimes I think she believes its a religion.

Oh whatever shes hear. I'm happy but something is off

"Is everything okay mom?"

"Yeah... Um well not really. I mean everything is fine it just. I was planning on telling you later but...Brenda I'm pregnant"

What?

"You're pregnant?"

"Yeah...I am. You okay?"

"Yes I'm okay I just didn't expect this. I thought the news was you were getting married...this is better than that. No offense to Robert"

She laughed "No were not getting married. I'm glad that your taking this well"

I'm surprised that I am taking this well. She seems happy with this news and if she's happy I'm happy. I just hope that the baby won't have the same fate as my brother.

"The baby is safe...relax Brenda. Nadia has people protecting us."

And for that I am grateful. That woman is like an angel from heaven.

Thank to her were all alive...well not all of us.

"I know ma, I know."

"Okay know were do you want to go. I heard that there is this great ice cream place in the plaza"

"I was actually craving ice cream"

"Okay let's go then."

*~*~*~*~

We were at the ice cream place we were actually having a good time.

Its as we weren't on the run. Times like these I like to pretend that were normal.

But we can't just do that, we have to be more aware. More causios of what we talk about. You don't know who is watching you.

It could be a person who is sitting down looking in to his computer pretending to be at work.

It could be someone who smiles at you.

It could be someone who shakes you're hand telling you have a good day.

Anyone can corner you and kill you.

So no we can't pretend were safe cause were not.

*~*~*~*~

"Okay take care of yourself mija. I love you."my mom said hugging me

"I love you too,ma"I said

"I'll come back next week, okay."

"Okay"

"Be safe call me before you go to sleep"

"Yes mom, I'll call you"

She smiled at me walked back to her car. I turned around not wanting to look at her cry as she drives away like she always dose.

As soon as I saw the headlights disappear behind the trees I looked back.

I cried I'm happy but I'm scared the baby will have the same fate as my brother.

Then I felt someones hand on my shoulder and then sat next to me.

"Are you okay, B?" It was Katherine

"No"I whispered knowing she heard

"Do you want to talk about?"she asked

I shook my head

"Okay, tell me when you're ready. No matter what I'm hear for you"

A sob came out of my mouth and I cried even harder.

Katherine hugged me "its okay"

"No,no its not okay Kat. Were on the run. We have to hide cause were scared that they will kill us. Its not okay"

She sighed "I know its not. I just tried to make you feel better by lying."

"This is so messed up...Kat my mom is pregnant. And I'm scared that they will kill the baby cause of me"

"Don't think like that. You're mom is safe, probably even more safe than us. The baby is safe, you dont have to think like this. I don't blame you but you have to stop. You're mom needs you and you need her. But you can't be for her in this state of mind" She paused "All of us can't be in this state of mind,we have to think positive,no matter what type of situation were in."

"God, Katherine you should replace Dr.Phil in his stupid talk show"I said jokingly

She laughed but she forced it out.

"Thanx kat, you're a good friend"I said hugging her

"I know i am."

We laughed

"You're welcome"she said

With that we walked In side

Katherine is right we can't be in this state of mind.

We can't keep thinking that we will die tomorrow. We have to fight for our life, fight to live.