Escape

I woke up in my cell. I looked around I don't know why I even bothered its still the same empty room. It literally is empty no bed just the cold hard floor to sleep on.

"Are you okay child?"

I looked up to see the nice lady in front of the cell.

"Hi...you said you will make them stop nice lady?"

She chuckled "Call me Nadia, child"

"Okay"

"Do you have a name?"

I looked down playing with skin around my fingernails.

"No, they said subjects like us don't deserve names"

"We'll you should have one and you definitely deserve one"

I looked up to her. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. She looks beautiful.

"You remind me a lot of my sister, you're just like her. Her name is Katerina"

"That's a nice name"I wish I had one like that

"Do you want to know something?"

I nodded

"I'm a witch...my sister was one..but her powers were taken from her"

"How?"

She smiled but her eyes were sad "Its a long story hun"

"Oh..okay"

"We'll if you don't have a name I could give you one"I looked at her with a puzzled face

"I'm not a dog that you could just give names to..sorry but it sounds like you are"

"Its okay I understand you but you should have one...every girl should have a name?" She paused "How old are you?" She asked

"I'm five" I said

"Well a five year old girl like you should have a name...do you like the name Katherine?"

I nodded

"Good, then that's you're name know" nadia said

"Its kinda like you're sister's name"I said

"Yeah, it is"

We staid silent for a few minutes, she broke the silence

"Remember when I said we will leave this place."

I nodded.

"Well Katherine we are leaving tonight"

~~~

Hours have past since Nadia left, hours since she said we will leave.

I was about to fall asleep when the fire alarm went off

I could smell smoke, I could hear people scream and others running.

Seconds later Nadia was opening the cell door

"Come child were leaving know"she looked worried. I ran up to her and she carried me.

The screaming was gettingmore loud, loud enough to cover my ears.

"Its okay Katherine were almost there"

She ran, we were almost by the entrance, then a shadow was in front of us.

"Oh my god, Stephan you scared me" Nadia said.

I looked up to see a tall man with brown eyes and black hair

"Whatever, we have to move. Me and your sister got five subjects in the van." Stephen said as we made our way out the building.

"Stop calling them that" Nadia seethed

"Well what do you want me to do,give them pet names?" He said

She gave him a deadly look "Just move."

We ran to the parking lot, Stephen was carrying me know.In front of us was a black van, the door was open and I could see small figures.

Stephen put me down in a seat, I looked to my right and saw a girl my age and a boy to.

"We will explain everything when we get somewhere safe..okay"Stephen said as he closed the door.

~~~

I know I don't have many readers or none actually. But just to say I will try to update when I have time.

Remember to understand this story you have to read the books I mentioned at the author's note from Kelley Armstrong.