2.0

TRIGGER WARNING: SEXUAL ABUSE/ASSAULT

LUKE'S P.O.V.

I rest my head on my desk, trying not to be too mad at Calum for not letting me borrow his keys. I understand that if he let me borrow his keys, he wouldn't have a ride home. Or maybe he thinks I'm going to steal his car. Or maybe he just wanted to have sex with Amber in the backseat of his car instead of going to seventh period. I don't know, but what I do know is that all I can think about is Michael's well being and I can't hear a word the teacher is saying.

The last time I had a feeling like this, Michael almost killed himself--Gordon almost killed Michael. I can't just sit here and ignore this feeling, this urge to protect Michael.

I tug at my hair in frustration, knowing that I have no other choice.

-

MICHAEL'S P.O.V.

"Michael, are you okay?" Dr. Lancaster's worried voice asks, but she sounds far away, as if I'm underwater. "Is it Gordon?"

My head is pounding--it's different then when Gordon is about to take over, though--and there are tears in my eyes and I'm trying so hard to forget but after not knowing for so long the memories are here and they're blurry but they're all I can see...

-

"Happy birthday, bud," my Uncle Steven smiled at me, walking through the front door of our house.

I looked up from where I was sitting on the floor, building a LEGO tower with Calum, a smiling falling upon my own face. "Uncle Steven!" I jumped up and ran into my uncle's open arms. We hugged for a few seconds, and he squeezed my bum slightly before letting me go. I frowned, uncomfortable with his action, but I didn't think much of it.

"I missed you," I said, and he chuckled.

"Missed you, too, bud,"  he promised. "I'm gonna go talk to your parents, but we'll have some fun later, okay?" I wasn't sure why he winked, but I grinned, nodding enthusiastically anyways. "Now, how about you go play with Calum?"

"Okay," I agreed, skipping back to Calum, who was eyeing my uncle with a suspicious look on his face.

I frowned. "Are you okay, Cal?"

He nodded slowly. "Yeah," he mumbled, even though he wasn't. I decided not to press him on the subject, and we went back to building our tower.

-

After dinner that night--and after Calum had gone home--Uncle Steven came up to my room.

"Shh!" he hushed me when I exclaimed his name in excitement. "We gotta be quiet, bud. Don't want your parents to hear."

"I'll be quiet," I promised as my Uncle Steven walked over to sit next to me on my bed. He was my absolute role model--I would do anything he wanted.

"You gotta promise not to tell your parents, okay, bud?" Uncle Steven asked, pressing his rough palms against my shoulders, pushing me onto my back.

Frowning and confused, I nodded anyways. "I promise." I wondered what game we were playing.

"It'll be our little secret," Uncle Steven said, his tone stern as he reached for the button on my jeans. "Yeah?"

My frown deepening, I hesitantly complied. "Y-Yeah."

"Good boy," he whispered, unbuttoning my jeans and pulling them down to my ankles. I squirmed uncomfortably, but his hand on my hip kept me still.