0.4

A/N: I DIDNT UPDATE AGAIN JUST EDITING SPELLING ERRORS

LUKE'S P.O.V.

I twist the ring on my pink nervously, waiting for the elevator to ding and stop on Michael's floor. Calum taps his foot impatiently next to me, probably pissed off that I forced him to accompany me.

"Are you excited?" he asks me as we finally exit the elevator.

I nod, and while it's true, I'm also nervous as hell.

We make our way through the basic looking hospital floor. The nurse at the front desk in the lobby told us the visiting room was located directly to our right when we walk in, so I point us in that direction.

It doesn't take us long to come to the room and as soon as I can see it, I can also see him-his head of faded purple hair is impossible to miss. I don't even try to fight the smile that makes it's way onto my face, darting towards my lover.

-

MICHAEL'S P.O.V.

I mess with the loose strings on my sweater, tying them into knots and breaking them off as I wait for Luke.

It's a little after four, and my fellow patients' families and friends are already filing in. Ashton's mum and his little brother are here, so I am left to wait for my boyfriend alone.

I look up, straining my neck to see out the door and into the hallway, and to my pleasant surprise, he's here.

He's already beginning to run towards me, so I stand up and I close the distance.

I throw my arms around his neck. He wraps his around my waist, picking me up and spinning me around like in a cliche movie. I smile into his neck, holding him tighter than ever before.

"I missed you so much, baby boy," he breathes, pulling back so he can see the impossibly big grin on my face.

"I missed you, too."

I hear an awkward cough behind us, and Luke steps aside to reveal Calum. I want to laugh at how uncomfortable he looks, but I decide against it.

"Hi, Calum," I say.

"Hey, Michael," he responds. "How're you doing?"

"I've been better," I shrug. "You?"

"I'm good."

"Amber?"

"She's good, too," he says, smiling a little. I can't help but wonder if Luke smiles when he talks about me.

I return my attention to my boyfriend, only to find him wide eyed and looking absolutely terrified. I frown.

"Lukey?" I ask, confused as to why the color has drained from his face? "Are you okay?"

His eyes-wide in fear-remind me of the way his faced looked the day he found me in the bathroom, after Gordon tried to...you know. His hands are beginning to shake, like mine do when Gordon takes over. But Luke doesn't have a Gordon...

"Lukey?" I repeat, my frown deepening when he doesn't respond. I decide to follow his gaze, seeing as it's locked on something across the room. I turn in the direction he's facing to find him staring at Ashton, who's talking to a woman who I assume is his mum. I turn to face Luke again. "Do you know him?"

"I-I don't know," Luke admits. His voice is steady, but his breathing is heavy.

I reach for his hand, lacing our fingers together and giving him a reassuring squeeze. "That's my roommate!" I smile, beginning to drag him towards Ashton. "I want you to meet him." I'm literally dragging Luke. It seems like his feet aren't working for some reason.

Ashton sees me approaching and gives me a small smile, dismissing his mum, who leaves, claiming she's going to the bathroom. Ashton's eyes travel from me to Luke-who is attempting to hide his six foot body behind me-and his smile immediately fades.

"Michael," Ashton says slowly, carefully. "Who's this?"

"This is my boyfriend, the one I've been telling you about," I grin proudly. "His name is Luke."

Ashton inhales sharply, and I think Luke whimpers behind me. I frown, turning to face his paler-than-usual face. "Luke, this is-"

"Ashton," he says, his voice laced with disbelief. "I know."

I frown, looking from Ashton-who looks shocked-to Luke-who looks terrified. "You know each other?"

"We, um, we-" Ashton begins to stutter out an explanation, but Luke cuts him off.

"This can't be happening," he mumbles.

"Luke, I'm so sorry-" Ashton says, but Luke isn't having it.

"No." His voice is stern, powerful. He turns on his heel, rushing out of the visiting room.

I don't stick around to here the explanation I will make Ashton provide later, but instead chase Luke out of the room.

I catch his arm-similar to the way he caught mine the day we met, when he went after me into the hallway-and stop him, forcing him to turn and face me.

I'm startled by the boy I find staring back at me. He is not my strong, protective boyfriend, but a scared boy with tears threatening to spill out of his eyes.

"Lukey-?"

"I'm sorry," he mumbles. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

He presses his lips to my forehead for a few seconds, and I can feel the tears falling from his eyes onto my cheeks.

"I'm sorry," he repeats. "I love you."

And with that, he runs into the elevator and leaves.

Everyone leaves you...

"Not now, Gordon," I insist.

...except me.

~

A/N: short af i'm so so sorry but as soon as its summer (literally one more day) updates will become more frequent

also i couldnt really focus on writing bc im listening to blurryface (@ aunt emily) bless my soul bless this album