1.6

MICHAEL'S P.O.V.

"Will you let me see Lukey now?" I ask Dr. Lancaster quietly, my hands still shaken. For the past hour--I think it's been an hour, at least--I've answered every question she's asked honestly, ignoring Gordon's screeching in my brain. I had told her everything, from Calum to Ashton raping Luke. And honestly? It felt amazing to get it off of my chest.

Dr. Lancaster gives me a proud smile. "Yes, Michael," she agrees. "You can see Luke now."

I smile in spite of myself, feeling a blush burn on my cheeks.

You disgust me.

My smile doesn't even falter.

"Would you rather have Luke come in here, or do you prefer the visitation room?" Dr. Lancaster asks.

While I've spent the last few hours feeling extremely trapped inside this padded room, it will be much more intimate than being out in the visitation room. Plus, I'd feel safe in hell if I was with Luke.

"I-In here, please."

"Of course," Dr. Lancaster smiles, standing up. "I'll be right back, okay?"

I nod, and my psychologist and her two bodyguards exit the padded cell. I catch a glimpse of the outside room as they exit. I see Tiffany, but I don't see Luke.

I can't believe you told her the f ucking truth.

I wince at Gordon's snarl, but I don't shrink away from him.

"She's my therapist," I say. "S-She should know."

She doesn't want to help you, remember? No one does. They all want to hurt you, I swear.

I sigh, frowning. "I used to b-believe you, you know?"

Used to?

"But I'm st-starting to th-think that's not true."

-

A few minutes later, I hear the locks on the door unbolt. My heart begins to race, a hopeful smile creeping onto my lips.

I'm still sitting on the floor when Luke's broad frame appears in the doorway, a single security guard standing behind him. The two step inside the padded cell, but I barely notice the guard is there.

My eyes lock with Luke's, but he doesn't move towards me, and I don't move towards him. We don't say anything to each other. We just...stare.

Taking each step cautiously, Luke finally makes his way towards me. When he's right in front of me, he lowers himself down so he's sitting on the floor in front of me. We remain silent as he reaches his hand out, cupping my cheek. He guides my face towards his, pressing our foreheads together. He's acting fragile with me, like he's scared he'll make a wrong move and I'll shatter.

"Don't ever," Luke breathes out. "Scare me like that again."

My lip trembles, guilt flooding through me, and I rub my nose against Luke's, hoping to convey my apology through the action. "I-I won't."

"Promise?" Luke asks, his voice a whisper.

"Promise," I respond, hoping that it's one I'll be able to keep.

"Good," Luke mumbles, and he closes the space between our lips.

It's a short and passionate kiss, but it's everything I've needed during the past few hours. It's reassurance that I am safe and I am loved and I am okay, now that Luke is here with me.

Luke pulls away, but he's quick to wrap his arms around me, tugging me closer to him so our chests our flush against each other. I'm sitting in between his legs, so I wrap mine around his waist. We're as physically close to each other as possible.

"Are you okay?" Luke asks gently, rubbing his thumb along my jaw.

I nod. "I'm okay now."

"Do you wanna talk about what happened?" he suggests.

I look down at my lap, suddenly embarrassed. But this is Luke. He won't judge me, he won't hate me, he won't leave me.

Don't be so sure.

"Talking about it will help, I promise," Luke says, and it's enough to convince me.

"It was Gordon," I mumble, and Luke's arms tighten around me. "I d-don't know if he went for A-Ashton because it was Ashton or if it was because Ashton was the o-only person there," I admit.

Luke looks at me sympathetically, and I look down at my wrist. Healing, but still damaged.

"Gordon, he's...he's so bipolar," I groan. "One moment he's telling me to do anything I can to get out of here, and the next he's...trying to kill people." I want to cry, but there are no tears in my eyes, so I continue. "A-And he makes me h-hurt myself but when I was fourteen he stopped me from k-killing myself. I don't understand." I sigh, noticing that Luke has been tracing hearts over my scars, and my heart flutters.

Luke presses his lips to my forehead, murmuring against it, "I'm sorry, baby."

"It's okay," I say, but it really isn't, and we both know it.

We sit in comfortable silence for a few moments, Luke's lips pressed to my temple, both of us deep in thought. I think over my whole life, thinking about how different thinks would've turned out without Gordon's influence on me. How much...better. I don't mean to say the words out loud, but they spill from my mouth. "I wanna get better, Lukey."

He pulls away from me. His face is graced by the most hopeful smile I've ever seen. "Yeah?" he asks.

I nod, swallowing the lump in my throat. "Yeah," I echo him. "R-Really bad."

"You're doing so much better already," Luke praises me. "This is just a minor setback. You've made so much progress."

"I like Dr. L-Lancaster," I say. "She's helping me."

Luke nods, smiling fondly at me. "You're gonna get better," he promises. "I know you are."

"You think?" I ask hopefully.

Luke pecks my cheek. "I promise."

I nuzzle my face into his neck, pressing my lips against his shoulder. "Love you so much, Lukey."

His fingers stroke my hair, trail over my spine, twist the hair on the back of my neck, making me love him even more. He whispers, "Love you too, baby boy."

~

A/N: character answers will be up soon friends!!((:

ALSO I GET TO SEE FALL OUT BOY ON SUNDAY IM SO PUMPED MY TINY SONS!!!!!

also luke is 19 wow wow WOW this is kinda unbelievable tbh he's like 7??? and i also get really emo when i remember that i got to see 16 year old luke live i am so so blessed

i feel like i had a lot of things to say in this authors note but i dont remember any of them lol okay then bye