1.0

LUKE'S P.O.V.

"When did Calum get here?" Michael frowns, looking directly in front of him.

"Oh," I say, fighting the blush rising into my cheeks. I shouldn't be embarrassed that I asked my best friend to come with me. I shouldn't be embarrassed that I'm afraid of Ashton. "I asked him to come."

"Okay," Michael nods, but he sounds unsure. "But why is he over there with Ashton?"

"What?" My neck nearly snaps as I turn around to see the sight that Michael is looking at behind me.

Sure enough, Calum and Ashton are sitting on a couch together, Calum wearing a bright pink blush and Ashton wearing his infamous smirk. Oh, God.

"D-Do you want me to go s-say something?" Michael asks, his stutter intensifying because I can tell the situation is making him just as nervous as it's making me.

I frown, shaking my head. "No..." I trail off, deciding that it's probably best if neither one of us acknowledges Ashton. "I'll talk to Calum about it later."

Michael hugs my waist, trying to distract me, I think. "It's probably nothing," he tries to assure me, but I can't help but glance at the two boys again.

Ashton has stretched out on the couch, his feet in Calum's lap. Calum looks a bit uncomfortable, but he's wearing a smile. I don't think I like it.

"Lukey," Michael whines, and I return my attention to my boyfriend.

"Sorry," I mumble, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek. I'm about to kiss him again when a thought pops into my head, causing a frown to fall upon my lips. "Hey, Michael?" I ask. He looks up at me in response. "Have your parents visited you since Saturday?"

I realize as soon as the words leave my lips that I probably shouldn't have said them, but it's too late. Michael's face falls as he shakes his head slightly. Trying to make up for my mistake, I wrap both arms around him and tug him onto my lap so he's straddling me. (Which I'm sure is getting us plenty of disapproving glares but f uck it.)

"I'm sorry, baby," I sigh as he hides his face in my neck.

"S'okay," he says quietly. "Dad has work until s-six and I th-think I made Mum h-hate me."

I frown, raking my fingers down is back softly. "What do you mean?"

He sighs, his hot breath fanning over my neck. I suppress a moan, forcing myself to focus on what he's saying.

"I got m-mad at her in the hospital," he explains. "The first time she visited me after Gordon...you know..." He takes a shaky breath. "That's why I'm here, I think."

"What are you talking about?" I ask him, confused at the sudden change of topic. I turn my head, forcing his face out of the crook of my neck. I keep one arm wrapped around his back and hold his face with one hand.

I can see the tears building up in his eyes and it breaks my heart. He won't look me in the eyes when he says, "I'm h-here because Mum w-wanted to get r-rid of me."

A tear rolls down his face, but my thumb is already there, wiping it off.

"Listen to me, Michael," I say sternly, gripping his chin. As soon as I capture his gaze, I know he won't tear it away. "You're not here because your parents want to get rid of you, okay?" His lip quivers, more tears threatening to spill over. "You're here because you need a little help." I press my forehead against his, kissing the tears off of his cheeks as they start to fall. "And that's okay. It's okay to need help, and you are so strong for taking advantage of the resources available to you." He grasps fistfuls of my shirt, moving his head so he's crying into my shoulder. "I'm so proud of you."

"D-Don't l-leave me," he chokes out.

"Shh, baby boy," I soothe him. "Please don't cry." My comforting words only seem to make him cry harder.

By now, we have the attention of one of the nurses. She's eyeing us cautiously, trying to figure out whether or not she should step in.

"Don't leave me," he repeats, the sound muffled. I glance at the clock, seeing that our hour is just about up, but I can't leave Michael in this state.

"I'll always be yours," I whisper in his ear. "Okay?"

He nods in response, wiping his tears as he sits up so he can look at me.

"Say it," I instruct. "Say that I'll always be yours."

He runs his finger down my cheek fondly, breathing out, "You'll always be mine." A smile tugs at his lips as the words roll off his tongue.

"And will you always be mine?" I ask, gripping his waist. He holds the back of my neck, running his thumbs under my jawline.

"I'll always be yours," he agrees, eyelids fluttering closed.

We close the space in between our lips, welcoming the kiss. It's unlike any other we've shared. It tastes like affirmation as well as adoration. It's passionate and lustful, but it's also innocent and promising. It mends every broken piece, smooths out every jagged edge either one of us has.

The kiss embodies the essence of Michael and I. It is everything we are and everything we ever were and everything we will ever be. For just one second, it is Michael and me against the world.

Michael and me.

Forever.

~

A/N: okay so this is my last update before camp. i leave tomorrow, but i'm gonna try to write a ton tonight and have one of my friends post updates for me throughout the next 2 weeks. i'm gonna miss yall tho i s2g your comments make my day

and i'm gonna miss boys of zummer vids smh

AND im gonna have to find people at camp to talk about ryden with or im gonna explode lmao okay love yall bye