0.5

LUKE'S P.O.V.

I can't even process the guilt I should feel for leaving Michael when he needs me most as I make my way out of the hospital. All I can think about is how scared I am.

I moved across the continent to escape Ashton, and here he is in the same hospital as Michael. How the hell does that happen?

And obviously Michael is clueless to it. I told him all about Ashton, but I guess he just didn't really register it.

The tears in my eyes begin to fall as I make my way out the hospital's front doors, running towards Calum's car-he always keeps it unlocked. I throw the door open, climbing into the car and curling myself into a ball in the passenger seat.

My thoughts are hitting me like trucks, crashing into and shattering every sense of security I recreated since moving to Sydney. Ashton is here, in my safe haven. My ex-boyfriend-my rapist-is here, in my safe haven.

And he's sharing a room with my boyfriend.

I choke on my sobs at the thought of my precious Michael being trapped in a room with Ashton every single night. There's no way to know that Ashton won't do the exact same thing to Michael that he did to me. I groan, running a hand through my hair. I'm such an idiot, I should've warned him. I have to go back up there and warn him-

"Luke!" Calum's voice pierces my thought process and brings me back to reality with a start. He wraps his arms around me and I gratefully lean into my best friend's embrace. "What happened up there?"

"A-Ashton..." I choke out, unable to say any more. I haven't told Calum much about my past, and nothing about Ashton.

"Yeah? What about him?" Calum frowns pulling back to see my flushed face.

I shake my head, finding the words caught in my throat. I can't tell Calum, not yet. But I do need to remind Michael.

"I have to g-go back..." I begin to thrash, freeing myself of Calum's hold on me and stumbling back towards the hospital. Calum rushes to catch up with me.

"Mate, what's going on?" he asks, putting his hand on my arm to steady me.

I wipe the back of my hand over my eyes, trying to rid my face of tears. "I have to warn Michael."

-

MICHAEL'S P.O.V.

I frown as Luke disappears into the elevator, and Calum comes running out of the visiting room.

"Where'd he go?" Calum asks.

"He just l-left," I frown, pointing at the elevator.

Wouldn't be the first person.

"Not now Gordon!" I insist.

"Oh, God," Calum mumbles, jabbing the elevator button with his thumb.

"What's going on?" I ask. "Is he okay?"

"I don't know, mate," Calum sighs as the elevator opens. He turns to me before he steps in. "I'll have him call you, okay?" I nod though I am unsure, still confused as to what's going on. "Bye, Michael."

"B-Bye-"

The elevator dings shut before I can finish my goodbye.

Frowning, I make my way back into the visiting room to find Ashton, sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. I walk over to him cautiously, standing in front of him. He looks up, and I see that his face is twisted in confusion.

"Ashton?" I ask. He smiles weakly.

"Hi, Michael."

I sit down next to him. "Can you explain what just happened?"

Ashton sighs. "You remember when I said that I'm from Perth?" I nod. "Your boyfriend, Luke, is also from Perth."

"So you two know each other...?" I ask.

"Back when he lived in Perth he was my boyfriend," Ashton says quietly.

"Oh," I say. And then it hits me. "Oh."

"Michael, please-"

"You violated him!" I exclaim, standing up. "I can't believe this."

Ashton, my roommate, is the same Ashton that verbally, physically and sexually abused my boyfriend, then bullied him to the point that he had to move across the country. Oh, my God.

"Michael, I swear that I've changed since then," Ashton pleads with me, but I'm not listening.

"I can't believe this," I repeat.

"I'm here for anger managment!" he reminds me.

"I don't care-" I turn to walk out of the room and crash into a body-Luke.

-

LUKE'S P.O.V.

I grab Michael by the shoulders, steadying him, hoping that my face is free of tears. I hear Calum approach the scene behind me as Michael frowns.

"Lukey?" he asks. "What're you doing here-?"

"You have to stay away from Ashton, Michael," I warn him. "He's not stable, he's-"

"I know, Lukey," Michael says softly, taking my face in his hands. It isn't until then that I notice I'm crying again. He uses his thumbs to wipe my tears and then stands up on his tiptoes so he can press his forehead against mine. "I'm so sorry, Lukey," he mumbles, his lips pressed against the corner of my mouth. "I'm sorry you had to see him again."

"I'm sorry he's your roommate," I say in response, turning my head to close the space between our lips, kissing him firmly.

Calum coughs awkwardly behind me and I sigh, pulling away from Michael.

"What the hell just happened?" he asks, pushing past me and Michael and jabbing his finger at Ashton. "And why the hell was my best friend sobbing your name?"

"Who are you?" Ashton frowns at Calum and Calum rolls his eyes.

"Not important," he says. "But what the hell did you do?"

Ashton ignores Calum, but looks me in the eye. A slight whimper escapes my lips and Michael grabs my hand, running his thumb over the back of my hand.

"I really am sorry, Luke," Ashton says.

"Don't talk to him," Michael snarls, dragging my shaking body back into the hallway, leaving Calum to deal with Ashton.

~

A/N: overdue fast paced poorly written chapter but !!! here it is

ALSO IF YALL COULD PLEASE GO VOTE FOR MY LOVE LAUREN'S STORY IN THE @5sosxawards it would mean so much to me!! her story is called Colorless by fragielvenom and it's in the 'best boyxboy' category and honestly lauren is the cutest, sweetest person ever she deserves this so much!!!

thank you that is all so much love for everyone also teen wolf is back on in exactly a month bye