April 18th; A Letter For Somebody That I Wish I Could Be

Dear Suffering Child,

There aren't many people (speaking of mostly kids) who wouldn't switch places with you. I would switch places with you in a heartbeat. Whether you have cancer, or are starving, or even getting abuse from your parents. I feel guilty for complaining about my life, when I could be one of you. I have food on my dinner plate every night, I have a home, I'm healthy, and I do have good friends. My family isn't great and there are nights I cry myself to sleep, but it's for myself... not for those who suffer and go through the worst shit. When I deeply think about it, I feel fortunate.

You (young children) don't deserve to die so young because of hunger, or lose precious time in the hospitals with cancer instead of playing outside, or covering yourself up in hoodies because you have bruises from your "parents". Those things aren't happening to me.

The worst that happens to me is just people talking about me being a "nerd" or for how I dress or something (maybe, if it's happening I don't know about it 'cause it happens behind my back). Or small arguments with friends or just missing people I don't have in my life anymore. It's bad, but I'm still here. I should feel blessed.

I'm going to show (and be) more appreciated towards the people that I do have, and the food I get, and everything that I'm lucky to have.

Do know I go through crap too and even for those suffering kids and teens from small things... I know how that feels (and I'm your friend)!!!

God Bless You!

Love, One Who Cares For You