April 12th; A Letter To The Person I Hate Most/Cause Me A Lot of Pain

Dear Lauren,

It's been over a year since our friendship ended. So, how is life going without me? You probably don't give a shit about me now, but that doesn't mean I feel ditto. I hope you don't screw up your life. You're still hanging out with A*** (not releasing name) I know, and that's fine. In my opinion though, she isn't the best example for you, ever since you started hanging out with her in the 6th grade, you've changed. For the better? No. She isn't what you probably think she is. A*** hangs out with way too many guys, says too much crap, & well, almost made a big mistake (I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to do it or has already done so).

Well, that's not the point of this letter. This is for you to know how much pain you (and maybe A*** if she was involved) caused me January 28, 2012. It wasn't a forgetful thing either, it's a permanent scar. What you did, was called cyberbullying. I'm positive that you didn't even realize that cyberbullying is what you were doing. Do you even know what you messaged, or how much the stabbed me? You have scarred me, forever. That can't go away, we humans get hurt the most, by people that we loved the most. You were a best friend. Repeat, were a best friend. That message was a verbal attack, you called me a b*tch and told me to go to hell. I was really upset, too afraid to speak out at first (I was terrified to even look at you or A***). Then I talked to the counselor later on, and could of told the truth to my parents and the police. You know what happened when I got that offer in the principal's office (with you there)? Nothing. I had my evidence in my phone. Why did I not? Well, it wasn't the lack of courage or confidence, it was because I knew you shouldn't be punished and have authority take control. Doesn't mean it's over... because one day karma will probably come back to bit you in the ass.

When I told my good friend the incident, she thought I was basically crazy. She told me I should of told the police. Also, Marikate knows a little about what happened. I didn't want to give much away (plus the time in the office I wasn't really suppose to say anything to anyone).

Today, those messages are long gone from my phone. But do you know how long it took before I could let them go? About 6 months, 6 long months of the long conversation stuck in my phone. I reread them so many times, rewinded the thoughts from that night, kept feeling the pain. I was stabbed and betrayed.

One day, I hope we can possibly talk again. Nothing can be the same though. We didn't have a single class the year of the fight. This year we have no classes together. Fate? A sign? I think though. If we were to talk again... Well, I'm not talking to A***, she is bad influence. Also, the "friendship" will not be a close relationship and I probably wouldn't want to go to sleepovers or parties. All I want you to know from this now... is that I forgive you. I hope we can talk again. I hope you know, how much pain you I will remember.

Good Luck With Your Journey.

-Alyssa (AKA, an old friend)