April 14th; A Letter To Someone I've Drifted Away From

Dear Michael,

Please come back to me. I miss you, I thought I would never miss you. Feels weird not having you here. I didn't even know you for the first 11 years of my life. Then all of a sudden you come into my life. Then you leave... to like Missouri or Georgia or somewhere like that. I need you here, I want those times when you "annoy" me. I want those nights when we eat pizza or watch fireworks outside (and also Jayla too).

You mean something to me. I wasn't even sure at first, but I know now. Possibly because when Buddy passed, you were company for me. You never said anything when I was outside crying, but I felt you there. That's all I needed, for someone to just stand by my side. I didn't think you cared at all about me. Now, I do think you cared for me, the whole time you did.

I wish you could live with me. I think you need good family, and a good friend. I can do that for you. The family you have, well, I know they aren't your favorite people. You go through some shit, and I know you're not afraid to get into a fight or back talk to people. I'm not saying you need help, but I want you to be a good person. Michael, you are a good person, on the inside. We need to show it on the outside. Your dad said you are a good writer, I want to learn from you. That's probably a gift you have, writing. Lets show that side of you.

Do you think about me? Probably not. Please know that I think about you. There are nights I cry because I miss you. We are miles apart, I want you to come back. The minute you do ('cause I know you will...) I'm giving the biggest hug.

I Miss You Cousin.

Please Come Back.

Love, Alyssa (Your Far Away Cousin)