25 - I can't wait

The party was being held a short while out of town, one of the local farmers had been convinced to make a field available to the people who organized the party.  This ‘twilight’ party had been advertised on a few websites, and the organizers were expecting a large turnout.

It was easy to reach; the way was clearly marked; cleverly using a typical ‘Alice’ idea from the book; they had wrapped fairy lights on trees to direct the party goers to the venue.  As they passed more and more lights, the excited buzz in the minivan grew and grew and GREW.  Alex started looking for a parking space when he noticed the line of twinkling lights going on for a while, but also that there were some cars parked along the road where the shoulder was broad enough for a parking.  So; when he spotted a space, he announced his intentions expecting some comments about the walk ahead; but everybody was in such a good mood that it did not seem to upset any one.

Suddenly a horrified expression crossed his face.  “Cassy, you won’t be able to walk that far!”  He said.

Cassy rolled her eyes at him.  “I am pregnant Alex, not sick or something like that.  Walking is one of the best exercises for a pregnant woman; human and shifter alike.”

He put his hand on her leg, tickling his finger along the seam on the inside of her leg.  “Are you sure?”

 Smiling up at him she just nodded; and he turned the engine of.  “This is our stop then for now.  Every one out!”

Amid loud cheers the van was emptied and locked, with the party goers trekking up along the road following the fairy lights.  The ground was already pounding with the beat of the music and the girls started singing along.  Brian and Ethan sped up and took the lead, the three unmated girls followed them, and Carter, Tina, Derrick and Liz stepped in behind them.  Conrad and Dennis followed them and Alex took Cassy’s hand and drew her closer to him, letting his arm snake around her shoulders.

As they walked, his hips and thighs brushed against hers, making her so aware of how he managed to set her body alight at the merest touch.  She shivered slightly, and immediately, he pulled her in closer to his delicious warmth.

“You should have brought something warm to wear for tonight.”  He whispered against her ear.

“I am not cold Alex.”  She muttered as reply; and just shrugged when he looked at her with a frown.  Soon the frown was replaced with a look of smug understanding.

“Hmm,” the sound of his voice vibrated through her bones; “I see.”

Soon they entered the huge field that had been covered in flashing lights of all colors, with tents and gazebos on the edge of what appeared to be the largest dance floor any one of them had ever seen.

It was only slightly before eight and there was a human mass on the dance floor; moving, jumping and grinding to the beat that pulsed with a life that was almost alien to the setting.

“Look,” Tina pointed to across the dance floor; “Dinah and the others.  Let’s meet them half way?”

Brian and Ethan cut through the solid human wall, creating a path for them to follow.  As they moved along, they saw the tents and gazebos housed food stalls as well as ‘watering holes’.  Eventually they met up with Dinah’s group and they spent some time getting re-acquainted.  When a new song stared playing, Tina and Liz dragged their protesting men to the dance floor; but as soon as their arms were wrapped around them, they gave up all pretence of complaining.

Alex left Cassy under the supervision of his brothers to arrange for a tab at the closest tent housing one of the watering holes.  When he got back he took Cassy in his arms and stood watching Carter and Derrick with their mates.  What Cassy had told him about the subjection ceremony had really bothered him quite a lot, but when he had arrived back home, he had watched carefully how they responded to his requests and orders.