9: Then Frank Saw His Wings - Now Frank's A Believer

Frank awoke to darkness and an aching head, and for one blissful moment, he forgot what had happened, and how he had ended up here, wherever here was, but when he tried to bring his hands up to clasp his throbbing temples, he found them tied behind his back, and everything came rushing back: the break in, the strange men, the gunshot, then nothing.

Casting his eyes upward, Frank caught sight of the two men from earlier, both of them peering down at him with a worried expression on their faces, which seemed very out of place since they had been the ones to hurt him in the first place, but Frank had already decided that they were both sick in the head, so nothing they did would probably make any sense.

Frank noticed that they both seemed unharmed, which meant that his impromptu shot hadn't hit its target, but Frank was actually glad for that. As much as these men had wronged Frank, he wasn't sure how he would feel if he had killed someone, although he might not be in this situation now if he had managed to, but there was nothing he could do about that now.

"Where the fuck am I?" Frank groaned, because he couldn't see much, all he could ascertain was that he was outside, the damp grass that was pressing against his bare arms attested to that fact, but Frank didn't recognize his surroundings at all.

"A field, I'm not quite sure where, it doesn't matter," the one named Brendon spoke up, kneeling down beside Frank so he was level with Frank's eyes.

"Where is Gerard - is he okay?" Frank asked, his arms twisting violently as he tried to escape his bonds, the worry over his husband making him frantic and slightly sick.

"He's fine Frank - he's still asleep at home, I promise," Billie Joe stated in a soothing tone of voice.

"How can I believe you?" Frank whimpered, all of his fight from earlier draining out of his body when he realized there was absolutely nothing he could do to save himself from whatever fate these two had planned for him.

"You can't, but if you just hear us out, I swear that I will take you back to him." And even though Frank had no reason to trust these men, he was out of options at the moment, and he didn't think they were going to hurt him - not yet anyway, the lack of visible weapons gave him some hope of that.

"Okay - I am going to untie your hands now, but only if you don't run. It won't help anyway, there is no one around, and we will catch you." Billie Joe arched one eyebrow as he waited for Frank's response, which came in the form of a sullen nod.

Once the ropes binding Frank had fallen away, he rubbed his wrists softly, trying to alleviate the burning pain that had come from his thrashing about. Moving slowly, Frank regained his feet, peering suspiciously at the strange men who stood before him.

"First of all, we are so sorry for doing this to you, but we never meant to scare you," Brendon apologized, earning himself an obnoxious eye roll from Frank.

"Well you fucked that up royally - seriously, how the hell did you think that breaking into my house and then kidnapping me wasn't going to freak me out?" Frank scoffed, crossing his arms together to try and ward off the chill in the air.

"I know - I wasn't thinking, and I needed to talk to you as soon as possible, so I didn't have time to wait for a better opportunity, and you will understand everything soon," Brendon continued once Frank had finished speaking, and even though Frank was really pissed off at this guy, he sounded honest, urgent even, and Frank was really getting curious about what the hell he so desperately wanted to tell him.

"So spit it out, I'm listening, and the sooner we get this over with, the sooner you can take me back to my husband - right?"

"Yes...okay - so um, this is going to sound crazy, but just try and keep an open mind. First of all, do you remember either us at all, even a little bit - do our names seem familiar?" Brendon asked, which wasn't how Frank had expected him to start off, but whatever, this guy was fucking psycho, and if Frank wanted to get out of this alive, he would have to play along.